Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Reports: Ex-Zamalek manager Jesualdo Ferreira contacted by Al Ahly
According to Portuguese reports, former Zamalek coach Jesualdo Ferreira has been contacted by arch-rivals Al Ahly in a bid to receive his services.
Al Ahly are looking for a new manager since their former manager José Peseiro left the club by mutual consent in order to to become the new manager of FC Porto.
According to reports in Portugal, the Cairo giants are now looking to hire another Portuguese manager to replace Peseiro, ex-Zamalek coach Jesualdo Ferreira.
In an interview with a Kuwaiti newspaper last month, Ferreira claimed that there was verbal contact from Al Ahly before the club hired Peseiro, but he refused to open negotiations out of respect “for Zamalek and its fans”.
Ferreira managed Zamalek last season where they pulled off an impressive domestic double winning both the Egyptian Premier League and the Egyptian Cup.