KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
HANDBALL: Egypt cruise past Nigeria to win second group game
The first interval started brightly for the Egyptians who showed their clear dominance from the start outscoring the Nigerian in the first 5 minutes, with Ahmed El-Ahmar proving influential.
The Nigerians had other ideas however, sticking with the Egyptians despite the clear difference between both sides.
The second started exactly like the first ended with Egypt bursting into numerous goal scoring positions and pegging Nigeria back, at one point the Egyptians led 22-10 with the Nigerians struggling.
Egyptian handball keeper Katonga was again unbelievably impressive through the second interval, although the Egyptians were clearly comfortable throughout, the keeper made a highlight double save to ensure the Egyptians have it all their own way. One last burst from the Egyptians in the last four minutes concluded a well-deserved win.
The win leaves Egypt in first place ahead of Morocco on goal difference after they beat Cameroon narrowly 26-24, while Cameroon are back in third place.
Joint-leaders Angola, Congo and Tunisia all recorded their second wins of the tournament. They beat Libya, Kenya and DR Congo respectively, and are only separated by goal difference.