Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
HANDBALL: Egypt cruise past Nigeria to win second group game
The first interval started brightly for the Egyptians who showed their clear dominance from the start outscoring the Nigerian in the first 5 minutes, with Ahmed El-Ahmar proving influential.
The Nigerians had other ideas however, sticking with the Egyptians despite the clear difference between both sides.
The second started exactly like the first ended with Egypt bursting into numerous goal scoring positions and pegging Nigeria back, at one point the Egyptians led 22-10 with the Nigerians struggling.
Egyptian handball keeper Katonga was again unbelievably impressive through the second interval, although the Egyptians were clearly comfortable throughout, the keeper made a highlight double save to ensure the Egyptians have it all their own way. One last burst from the Egyptians in the last four minutes concluded a well-deserved win.
Joint-leaders Angola, Congo and Tunisia all recorded their second wins of the tournament. They beat Libya, Kenya and DR Congo respectively, and are only separated by goal difference.