Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Reports: Rotherham interested in Sam Morsy
The 24-year old’s contract is set to run out in the summer and Rotherham manager Neil Redfearn is interested in lodging a bid for the Egypt-eligible midfielder.
Redfearn has admitted being a fan of Morsy’s potential, telling reporters in England: “Sam is somebody that I went to watch when I was at Leeds with my assistant, Steve Thompson.
“We went to watch him and the boy, (Tendayi) Darikwa, who ended up going to Burnley, so we weren’t bad judges.
“He is a talented player. He is someone I rate, but we are looking at a lot of players. There’s no definite interest.”
There has been also reported interest in Morsy from MK Dons among League One clubs Wigan, Barnsley and Sheffield United.
Sam Morsy joined Chesterfield in the summer of 2013 and was a major catalyst in helping their promotion bid to League One. He also previously expressed his desire to represent Egypt in an interview with KingFut.