KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Reports: Rotherham interested in Sam Morsy
The 24-year old’s contract is set to run out in the summer and Rotherham manager Neil Redfearn is interested in lodging a bid for the Egypt-eligible midfielder.
Redfearn has admitted being a fan of Morsy’s potential, telling reporters in England: “Sam is somebody that I went to watch when I was at Leeds with my assistant, Steve Thompson.
“We went to watch him and the boy, (Tendayi) Darikwa, who ended up going to Burnley, so we weren’t bad judges.
“He is a talented player. He is someone I rate, but we are looking at a lot of players. There’s no definite interest.”
There has been also reported interest in Morsy from MK Dons among League One clubs Wigan, Barnsley and Sheffield United.
Sam Morsy joined Chesterfield in the summer of 2013 and was a major catalyst in helping their promotion bid to League One. He also previously expressed his desire to represent Egypt in an interview with KingFut.