Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Reports: Rotherham interested in Sam Morsy
The 24-year old’s contract is set to run out in the summer and Rotherham manager Neil Redfearn is interested in lodging a bid for the Egypt-eligible midfielder.
Redfearn has admitted being a fan of Morsy’s potential, telling reporters in England: “Sam is somebody that I went to watch when I was at Leeds with my assistant, Steve Thompson.
“We went to watch him and the boy, (Tendayi) Darikwa, who ended up going to Burnley, so we weren’t bad judges.
“He is a talented player. He is someone I rate, but we are looking at a lot of players. There’s no definite interest.”
There has been also reported interest in Morsy from MK Dons among League One clubs Wigan, Barnsley and Sheffield United.
Sam Morsy joined Chesterfield in the summer of 2013 and was a major catalyst in helping their promotion bid to League One. He also previously expressed his desire to represent Egypt in an interview with KingFut.