After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
VIDEO: Sam Morsy scores in Chesterfield league defeat
Both teams started the game strongly but could not make their chances count. 25 minutes into the game, Sam Morsy opened the scoring with his four league goal this season. The 24-year-old midfielder took a powerful shot from 25 yards out, which nestled in the bottom-left corner of net.
Two minutes later, Aiden O’Brien’s header found the corner of the net to give Millwall the equalizer. Chesterfield had their chances to regain the lead but could not find the net as the first half ended 1-1.
Just 120 seconds into the second half, Millwall took the lead. Wallace’s pass found Gregory who scored his team’s second goal.
In the 71st minute, Sam Morsy threatened to score as he tried a shot from a distance, but his shot was saved by Millwall’s goalkeeper Jordan Archer. That was the last real chance of the game with both teams struggling to create goal-scoring opportunities. The game ended 2-1 for Millwall.
Chesterfield are currently in the 18th position, just two points clear of the relegation zone, with 30 points after 28 games, while the win sends Millwall into top six with 43 points from 27 games.