Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Hull claim top spot with win over Fulham
Elmohamady played just under ten minutes as his Hull City side claimed the top spot from local rivals Middlesbrough, with a 1-0 win over struggling Fulham, in a game between two sides who have had Egyptian owners in recent years.
Fulham were without star striker Ross McCormack due to illness, and so the in-demand prospect Moussa Dembele had to lead the line against the side with the second best defensive record in the league, which proved to be a daunting task.
Alternatively, the West London club have not kept a clean sheet since 17th of October, and this showed late on when Hull’s young right back Moses Odubajo was brought down by Lasse Christensen in the penalty area, and club top scorer Abel Hernandez scored his 15th of the season from the spot.
Hapless Fulham may consider themselves unlucky to lose the game, after dominating possession by a significant margin and creating several fine chances, including a Jamie O’Hara free-kick which McGregor did well to save.
The win means that Hull overtake rivals Middlesbrough, who lost 1-0 to Nottingham Forest thanks to a Jamie Ward goal, however Middlesbrough may reclaim pole position as they have a game in hand over the Tigers.