Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Hull claim top spot with win over Fulham
Elmohamady played just under ten minutes as his Hull City side claimed the top spot from local rivals Middlesbrough, with a 1-0 win over struggling Fulham, in a game between two sides who have had Egyptian owners in recent years.
Fulham were without star striker Ross McCormack due to illness, and so the in-demand prospect Moussa Dembele had to lead the line against the side with the second best defensive record in the league, which proved to be a daunting task.
Alternatively, the West London club have not kept a clean sheet since 17th of October, and this showed late on when Hull’s young right back Moses Odubajo was brought down by Lasse Christensen in the penalty area, and club top scorer Abel Hernandez scored his 15th of the season from the spot.
Hapless Fulham may consider themselves unlucky to lose the game, after dominating possession by a significant margin and creating several fine chances, including a Jamie O’Hara free-kick which McGregor did well to save.
The win means that Hull overtake rivals Middlesbrough, who lost 1-0 to Nottingham Forest thanks to a Jamie Ward goal, however Middlesbrough may reclaim pole position as they have a game in hand over the Tigers.