Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Hull claim top spot with win over Fulham
Elmohamady played just under ten minutes as his Hull City side claimed the top spot from local rivals Middlesbrough, with a 1-0 win over struggling Fulham, in a game between two sides who have had Egyptian owners in recent years.
Fulham were without star striker Ross McCormack due to illness, and so the in-demand prospect Moussa Dembele had to lead the line against the side with the second best defensive record in the league, which proved to be a daunting task.
Alternatively, the West London club have not kept a clean sheet since 17th of October, and this showed late on when Hull’s young right back Moses Odubajo was brought down by Lasse Christensen in the penalty area, and club top scorer Abel Hernandez scored his 15th of the season from the spot.
Hapless Fulham may consider themselves unlucky to lose the game, after dominating possession by a significant margin and creating several fine chances, including a Jamie O’Hara free-kick which McGregor did well to save.
The win means that Hull overtake rivals Middlesbrough, who lost 1-0 to Nottingham Forest thanks to a Jamie Ward goal, however Middlesbrough may reclaim pole position as they have a game in hand over the Tigers.