Former general supervisor of Ghana national youth teams George Afriyie believes that Ebenezer Assifuah...
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
Sam Morsy confirms Chesterfield departure
Chesterfield midfielder Sam Morsy has confirmed he is set to leave the club after the team’s game on Saturday against Millwall.
Egypt-eligible Morsy scored a long-range screamer in his team’s 1-2 defeat to Millwall, recording their 16th loss of the season to stay in the 18th place of League One table.
The 24-year-old midfielder, who has appeared on in 99 matches for Spireites, thanked the fans for their support over the last two and a half seasons, announcing his departure from the team.
Chesterfield director Ashley Carson said “For the record there have been a few enquiries for Sammy [Sam Morsy], including Wigan, but still no official offers on the table from anyone.”
“He is a great player and will be a great loss, but business is business and when we when we run out of money at the end of the month. How many of you will have to whip round to pay the club wages, approx £200,000 every month?” he concluded.
It’s believed that Sam Morsy’s next destination will be 4th of League One table Wigan Athletic.