Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Sam Morsy confirms Chesterfield departure
Chesterfield midfielder Sam Morsy has confirmed he is set to leave the club after the team’s game on Saturday against Millwall.
Egypt-eligible Morsy scored a long-range screamer in his team’s 1-2 defeat to Millwall, recording their 16th loss of the season to stay in the 18th place of League One table.
The 24-year-old midfielder, who has appeared on in 99 matches for Spireites, thanked the fans for their support over the last two and a half seasons, announcing his departure from the team.
Chesterfield director Ashley Carson said “For the record there have been a few enquiries for Sammy [Sam Morsy], including Wigan, but still no official offers on the table from anyone.”
“He is a great player and will be a great loss, but business is business and when we when we run out of money at the end of the month. How many of you will have to whip round to pay the club wages, approx £200,000 every month?” he concluded.
It’s believed that Sam Morsy’s next destination will be 4th of League One table Wigan Athletic.