Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Sam Morsy confirms Chesterfield departure
Chesterfield midfielder Sam Morsy has confirmed he is set to leave the club after the team’s game on Saturday against Millwall.
Egypt-eligible Morsy scored a long-range screamer in his team’s 1-2 defeat to Millwall, recording their 16th loss of the season to stay in the 18th place of League One table.
The 24-year-old midfielder, who has appeared on in 99 matches for Spireites, thanked the fans for their support over the last two and a half seasons, announcing his departure from the team.
Chesterfield director Ashley Carson said “For the record there have been a few enquiries for Sammy [Sam Morsy], including Wigan, but still no official offers on the table from anyone.”
“He is a great player and will be a great loss, but business is business and when we when we run out of money at the end of the month. How many of you will have to whip round to pay the club wages, approx £200,000 every month?” he concluded.
It’s believed that Sam Morsy’s next destination will be 4th of League One table Wigan Athletic.