Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Sam Morsy confirms Chesterfield departure
Chesterfield midfielder Sam Morsy has confirmed he is set to leave the club after the team’s game on Saturday against Millwall.
Egypt-eligible Morsy scored a long-range screamer in his team’s 1-2 defeat to Millwall, recording their 16th loss of the season to stay in the 18th place of League One table.
The 24-year-old midfielder, who has appeared on in 99 matches for Spireites, thanked the fans for their support over the last two and a half seasons, announcing his departure from the team.
Chesterfield director Ashley Carson said “For the record there have been a few enquiries for Sammy [Sam Morsy], including Wigan, but still no official offers on the table from anyone.”
“He is a great player and will be a great loss, but business is business and when we when we run out of money at the end of the month. How many of you will have to whip round to pay the club wages, approx £200,000 every month?” he concluded.
It’s believed that Sam Morsy’s next destination will be 4th of League One table Wigan Athletic.