Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Trezeguet features late as Anderlecht edge Charleroi
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ came on late as Anderlecht edged Charleroi 2-1 in the Belgian Pro League to keep the pressure on league leaders Gent.
The game started with the hosts unable to put any pressure on the struggling league opposition and they soon found themselves behind after three minutes, when Perbet was found at the far post to net for Charleroi.
Anderlecht, who have been struggling in the league recently looked to bounce back and they did almost immediately thanks to an own goal. Delfour’s teasing cross was put in by Charleroi defender Amara Baby.
Anderlecht nearly found a second when Lukebakio’s weaving dribble was saved well to keep it even at half time.
The second half saw more unconvincing football from Anderlecht but somehow they scored again seven minutes after the restart. It came after Sylla and Okaka combined well and Okaka headed home from the former’s knock on to put the hosts in front.
Egyptian international Trezeguet came on in the 79th minute but had little influence aside from an effort at goal, as he helped his side hold out for a vital win.
— RSC Anderlecht (@rscanderlecht) January 24, 2016
The win helps Anderlecht leapfrog Club Brugge into second and only two points away from leaders Gent. Whilst opponents Charleroi stay in eighth place just outside the European places.