Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Trezeguet features late as Anderlecht edge Charleroi
Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ came on late as Anderlecht edged Charleroi 2-1 in the Belgian Pro League to keep the pressure on league leaders Gent.
The game started with the hosts unable to put any pressure on the struggling league opposition and they soon found themselves behind after three minutes, when Perbet was found at the far post to net for Charleroi.
Anderlecht, who have been struggling in the league recently looked to bounce back and they did almost immediately thanks to an own goal. Delfour’s teasing cross was put in by Charleroi defender Amara Baby.
Anderlecht nearly found a second when Lukebakio’s weaving dribble was saved well to keep it even at half time.
The second half saw more unconvincing football from Anderlecht but somehow they scored again seven minutes after the restart. It came after Sylla and Okaka combined well and Okaka headed home from the former’s knock on to put the hosts in front.
Egyptian international Trezeguet came on in the 79th minute but had little influence aside from an effort at goal, as he helped his side hold out for a vital win.
— RSC Anderlecht (@rscanderlecht) January 24, 2016
The win helps Anderlecht leapfrog Club Brugge into second and only two points away from leaders Gent. Whilst opponents Charleroi stay in eighth place just outside the European places.