An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Juventus find late winner against Roma
Recently hired manager Luciano Spaletti would have hoped that his side would have performed well against Juventus however, Roma displayed yet another disappointing performance losing 1-0.
Mohamed Salah started the game in his accustomed attacking position.
The first half began with dominance from Juventus and was carried out throughout the entire first half.
Argentinian youngster Pablo Dybala was bright and posed a threat to the Roma goal with numerous attempts on goal, coming from passes from Paul Pogba and Marchisio.
Roma found it difficult to break through the defense as they recorded a disappointing one shot on target the entire match, with the other two off target.
With Juventus maintaining over 50% of the possession, Roma were forced to stay in their own half and play defensive.
Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczęsny was critical for his side, making phenomenal saves to keep his side into the match.
The second half was no better for the Gillarossi as Juventus’ pressure paid off, with Pablo Dybala finding the back of the net in the 77th minute, with the game ending 1-0.
It is worth noting that Roma now sit in 5th place with 35 points, with AC Milan right below them with 33 points.
Juventus, the title defenders have now moved to 2nd place, hoping to retain their first place spot which is being held by Napoli on 47 points.
Roma’s next game is a home Serie A game against Frosinone on Saturday 30th Janurary.