Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Juventus find late winner against Roma
Recently hired manager Luciano Spaletti would have hoped that his side would have performed well against Juventus however, Roma displayed yet another disappointing performance losing 1-0.
Mohamed Salah started the game in his accustomed attacking position.
The first half began with dominance from Juventus and was carried out throughout the entire first half.
Argentinian youngster Pablo Dybala was bright and posed a threat to the Roma goal with numerous attempts on goal, coming from passes from Paul Pogba and Marchisio.
Roma found it difficult to break through the defense as they recorded a disappointing one shot on target the entire match, with the other two off target.
With Juventus maintaining over 50% of the possession, Roma were forced to stay in their own half and play defensive.
Arsenal loanee Wojciech Szczęsny was critical for his side, making phenomenal saves to keep his side into the match.
The second half was no better for the Gillarossi as Juventus’ pressure paid off, with Pablo Dybala finding the back of the net in the 77th minute, with the game ending 1-0.
It is worth noting that Roma now sit in 5th place with 35 points, with AC Milan right below them with 33 points.
Juventus, the title defenders have now moved to 2nd place, hoping to retain their first place spot which is being held by Napoli on 47 points.
Roma’s next game is a home Serie A game against Frosinone on Saturday 30th Janurary.