Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Mortada Mansour: Ibrahim Salah won’t play for Zamalek again
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has announced that loanee Ibrahim Salah will never play for the White Castle again.
The 28-year-old midfielder joined Alexandrian side Smouha from Zamalek on a six-month loan during the January transfer window, following his continuous exclusion from the team’s squad under manager Ahmed ‘Mido’ Hossam.
Mansour said in a televised interview on LTC channel on Sunday that the Zamalek former captain will never return to the White Castle again.
“Salah is the one who insisted to depart the club, he also insisted to play against us during Smouha’s game,” he said.
Salah made his debut for Smouha on Sunday, as the Alexandrian side drew 1-1 with Zamalek.
“Khaled Kamar who joined the team last season refused to play against us, unlike the team’s former captain Ibrahim Salah,” Mansour said in reference to the Zamalek’s loanee refusal to play against Zamalek in the 2015 Egypt Cup semi-final.
“Salah will never wear Zamalek’s jersey again, and I assure that he is the one who asked to leave the club,” Mansour concluded.
Mido previously confirmed to KingFut that he had talks with the player, and told him to patiently wait for his chance but the player decided to depart.
After completing his move to Smouha, Salah declared that Mido did not want him at the club. He, however, said that he will do his best at the Alexandrian side in order to go back to Zamalek and play again starting next season.