Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Mortada Mansour: Ibrahim Salah won’t play for Zamalek again
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has announced that loanee Ibrahim Salah will never play for the White Castle again.
The 28-year-old midfielder joined Alexandrian side Smouha from Zamalek on a six-month loan during the January transfer window, following his continuous exclusion from the team’s squad under manager Ahmed ‘Mido’ Hossam.
Mansour said in a televised interview on LTC channel on Sunday that the Zamalek former captain will never return to the White Castle again.
“Salah is the one who insisted to depart the club, he also insisted to play against us during Smouha’s game,” he said.
Salah made his debut for Smouha on Sunday, as the Alexandrian side drew 1-1 with Zamalek.
“Khaled Kamar who joined the team last season refused to play against us, unlike the team’s former captain Ibrahim Salah,” Mansour said in reference to the Zamalek’s loanee refusal to play against Zamalek in the 2015 Egypt Cup semi-final.
“Salah will never wear Zamalek’s jersey again, and I assure that he is the one who asked to leave the club,” Mansour concluded.
Mido previously confirmed to KingFut that he had talks with the player, and told him to patiently wait for his chance but the player decided to depart.
After completing his move to Smouha, Salah declared that Mido did not want him at the club. He, however, said that he will do his best at the Alexandrian side in order to go back to Zamalek and play again starting next season.