Algerian side MO Bejaia are eyeing their first continental competition when they...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Mortada Mansour demands exclusion of Zamalek trio
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansuor has demanded manager Ahmed ‘Mido’ Hossam exclude several players from the upcoming matches.
Mortada Mansour has has told the club’s technical staff to exclude certain players from the squad following their disappointing 1-1 draw against Smouha on Sunday, according to media reports.
Mansour told LTC TV channel that he is not happy and said, “I will start to interfere in their work starting from tomorrow.”
Mansour criticised the technical staff’s choices during Smouha’s match, declaring that there are players in the team who don’t “deserve” to play for Zamalek.
He said, “There are many names that start when they don’t deserve their spots in the club. If the staff want them to play, they can leave together.”
He concluded, “Koffi played in the midfield although he’s a defender, Yusuf was brought on while Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek was left on the bench. Why did you substitute a striker without giving Mekki and Mohamed Salem a chance? This formation isn’t suitable for the champion.”
Mansour held a meeting on Monday with Mido, where they discussed several technical issues.
He also asked Mido to give more chances to the team’s strikers Mohamed Salem and Ahmed Hassan Mekki.
Zamalek are currently in second position in the league with 31 points, just one point behind Al Ahly.
The White Knights are preparing to face Ismaily on February 3rd as the league will be halted temporarily due to the international break.