Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Mortada Mansour demands exclusion of Zamalek trio
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansuor has demanded manager Ahmed ‘Mido’ Hossam exclude several players from the upcoming matches.
Mortada Mansour has has told the club’s technical staff to exclude certain players from the squad following their disappointing 1-1 draw against Smouha on Sunday, according to media reports.
Mansour told LTC TV channel that he is not happy and said, “I will start to interfere in their work starting from tomorrow.”
Mansour criticised the technical staff’s choices during Smouha’s match, declaring that there are players in the team who don’t “deserve” to play for Zamalek.
He said, “There are many names that start when they don’t deserve their spots in the club. If the staff want them to play, they can leave together.”
He concluded, “Koffi played in the midfield although he’s a defender, Yusuf was brought on while Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek was left on the bench. Why did you substitute a striker without giving Mekki and Mohamed Salem a chance? This formation isn’t suitable for the champion.”
Mansour held a meeting on Monday with Mido, where they discussed several technical issues.
He also asked Mido to give more chances to the team’s strikers Mohamed Salem and Ahmed Hassan Mekki.
Zamalek are currently in second position in the league with 31 points, just one point behind Al Ahly.
The White Knights are preparing to face Ismaily on February 3rd as the league will be halted temporarily due to the international break.