Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Official: Abdel-Zaher joins ENPPI on loan from Al Ahly
Al Ahly striker Ahmed Abdel-Zaher has joined his former club ENPPI on loan for the remainder of the season, according to Al Ahly official website.
The 31-year-old striker made just two appearances for the Red Castle this season, playing a total of 18 minutes. He was also ruled out of the club’s African squad by former Al Ahly coach Jose Peseiro.
Abdel-Zaher, who agreed the deal on Tuesday, chose to join his former club on a six-month loan, despite receiving another loan offer from Wadi Degla.
He also managed to finish as the 2010/2011 Egyptian Premier League joint top scorer, along with Mahmoud ‘Shikabala’ Abdel-Razek, after scoring 13 goals.
After his impressive performance with ENPPI, Abdel-Zaher joined Al Ahly in 2012 on a four-year deal that was later extended until 2020.
In December 2013, Abdel-Zaher joined Libyan Club Al-Ittihad (Tripoli) on a six-month loan. He completed the loan move for Al-Ittihad after he was suspended by Al Ahly and the Egyptian Football Association for waving the Rabaa sign after scoring Al Ahly’s second goal against Orlando Pirates in the 2013 CAF Champions League final.