Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Official: Abdel-Zaher joins ENPPI on loan from Al Ahly
Al Ahly striker Ahmed Abdel-Zaher has joined his former club ENPPI on loan for the remainder of the season, according to Al Ahly official website.
The 31-year-old striker made just two appearances for the Red Castle this season, playing a total of 18 minutes. He was also ruled out of the club’s African squad by former Al Ahly coach Jose Peseiro.
Abdel-Zaher, who agreed the deal on Tuesday, chose to join his former club on a six-month loan, despite receiving another loan offer from Wadi Degla.
He also managed to finish as the 2010/2011 Egyptian Premier League joint top scorer, along with Mahmoud ‘Shikabala’ Abdel-Razek, after scoring 13 goals.
After his impressive performance with ENPPI, Abdel-Zaher joined Al Ahly in 2012 on a four-year deal that was later extended until 2020.
In December 2013, Abdel-Zaher joined Libyan Club Al-Ittihad (Tripoli) on a six-month loan. He completed the loan move for Al-Ittihad after he was suspended by Al Ahly and the Egyptian Football Association for waving the Rabaa sign after scoring Al Ahly’s second goal against Orlando Pirates in the 2013 CAF Champions League final.