Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Official: Abdel-Zaher joins ENPPI on loan from Al Ahly
Al Ahly striker Ahmed Abdel-Zaher has joined his former club ENPPI on loan for the remainder of the season, according to Al Ahly official website.
The 31-year-old striker made just two appearances for the Red Castle this season, playing a total of 18 minutes. He was also ruled out of the club’s African squad by former Al Ahly coach Jose Peseiro.
Abdel-Zaher, who agreed the deal on Tuesday, chose to join his former club on a six-month loan, despite receiving another loan offer from Wadi Degla.
Abdel-Zaher won the 2011 Egypt Cup with ENPPI after scoring his team’s winning goal in the 81st minute against Zamalek to secure the petroleum club’s second Egypt Cup title.
He also managed to finish as the 2010/2011 Egyptian Premier League joint top scorer, along with Mahmoud ‘Shikabala’ Abdel-Razek, after scoring 13 goals.
After his impressive performance with ENPPI, Abdel-Zaher joined Al Ahly in 2012 on a four-year deal that was later extended until 2020.
In December 2013, Abdel-Zaher joined Libyan Club Al-Ittihad (Tripoli) on a six-month loan. He completed the loan move for Al-Ittihad after he was suspended by Al Ahly and the Egyptian Football Association for waving the Rabaa sign after scoring Al Ahly’s second goal against Orlando Pirates in the 2013 CAF Champions League final.