Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
EFA suspend Mido, Mimi Abdel-Razek
The Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) competitions committee suspended and fined Zamalek manager Ahmed ‘Mido’ Hossam and Smouha manager Mimi Abdel-Razek.
Both managers were suspended for their unsporting behaviour, as they were involved in a brawl following Zamalek’s 1-1 draw with Smouha in the 16th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
The committee ruled to suspend Mido for one game and fined him EGP 5,000 for unsporting behaviour as he attempted to break into Smouha’s dressing room. The Zamalek manager was also fined EGP 15,000 for missing the post-match press conference.
On the other hand, Abdel-Razek has been suspended for four games and fined EGP 5,000 for unsporting behaviour.
The committee has also fined Zamalek EGP 10,000 due to the violations of some of the attending fans in the main cabin.
The committee’s suspension decision means that Mido will miss Zamalek’s upcoming match against his former side Ismaily on February 3.