Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
EFA suspend Mido, Mimi Abdel-Razek
The Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) competitions committee suspended and fined Zamalek manager Ahmed ‘Mido’ Hossam and Smouha manager Mimi Abdel-Razek.
Both managers were suspended for their unsporting behaviour, as they were involved in a brawl following Zamalek’s 1-1 draw with Smouha in the 16th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
The committee ruled to suspend Mido for one game and fined him EGP 5,000 for unsporting behaviour as he attempted to break into Smouha’s dressing room. The Zamalek manager was also fined EGP 15,000 for missing the post-match press conference.
On the other hand, Abdel-Razek has been suspended for four games and fined EGP 5,000 for unsporting behaviour.
The committee has also fined Zamalek EGP 10,000 due to the violations of some of the attending fans in the main cabin.
The committee’s suspension decision means that Mido will miss Zamalek’s upcoming match against his former side Ismaily on February 3.