Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
EFA suspend Mido, Mimi Abdel-Razek
The Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) competitions committee suspended and fined Zamalek manager Ahmed ‘Mido’ Hossam and Smouha manager Mimi Abdel-Razek.
Both managers were suspended for their unsporting behaviour, as they were involved in a brawl following Zamalek’s 1-1 draw with Smouha in the 16th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
The committee ruled to suspend Mido for one game and fined him EGP 5,000 for unsporting behaviour as he attempted to break into Smouha’s dressing room. The Zamalek manager was also fined EGP 15,000 for missing the post-match press conference.
On the other hand, Abdel-Razek has been suspended for four games and fined EGP 5,000 for unsporting behaviour.
The committee has also fined Zamalek EGP 10,000 due to the violations of some of the attending fans in the main cabin.
The committee’s suspension decision means that Mido will miss Zamalek’s upcoming match against his former side Ismaily on February 3.