Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
EFA suspend Mido, Mimi Abdel-Razek
The Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) competitions committee suspended and fined Zamalek manager Ahmed ‘Mido’ Hossam and Smouha manager Mimi Abdel-Razek.
Both managers were suspended for their unsporting behaviour, as they were involved in a brawl following Zamalek’s 1-1 draw with Smouha in the 16th round of the Egyptian Premier League.
The committee ruled to suspend Mido for one game and fined him EGP 5,000 for unsporting behaviour as he attempted to break into Smouha’s dressing room. The Zamalek manager was also fined EGP 15,000 for missing the post-match press conference.
On the other hand, Abdel-Razek has been suspended for four games and fined EGP 5,000 for unsporting behaviour.
The committee has also fined Zamalek EGP 10,000 due to the violations of some of the attending fans in the main cabin.
The committee’s suspension decision means that Mido will miss Zamalek’s upcoming match against his former side Ismaily on February 3.