Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Gervinho completes China move from AS Roma
The Chinese side have paid a fee in the region of 15 million euros to secure the 28-year-old’s services from the Giallorossi.
According to Corriere dello Sport, there was a falling out between Gervinho and the newly-appointed Luciano Spalleti, and that the 28-year old missed training in the last two weeks – amid injury reports – and had handed in a transfer request, and Hebei China Fortune were more than happy to swoop in for the unsettled player.
The Ivorian signed for Roma from Arsenal in the summer of 2014, and made 88 appearances for the club, scoring 26 goals.
Gervinho is an integral part of the Côte d’Ivoire national team, and has been capped 71 times for the Elephants with 20 goals to his name.
Stephen El Shaarawy of AC Milan – loaned to Monaco for the past six months – is close to sealing a move to the capital-based club, as a replacement for Gervinho. The 23-year-old is of Egyptian descent.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) January 25, 2016