Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
HANDBALL: Egypt end group stage with resounding win over Morocco
The Egypt national handball team continued their impressive run in the 2016 Cup of Nations as they thrashed Morocco 31-13 in the final day of the group stage.
The Pharaohs showed their clear dominance from the start while the Atlas Lions found no chance to keep up with the Egyptian team, who outscored them by four points after eight minutes.
At the twenty-minute mark, the Pharaohs managed to make the score 13-6. They stretched their advantage to 12 points, ending the first half leading 19-7.
Egypt widened the gap in the second half and managed to maintain their control over the game.
Ten minutes into the second half, the Pharaohs remained superior, gaining a 14-goal lead. The Egyptian team managed to keep their advantage over the Moroccan side, emerging as 31-13 winners.
With their 100% winning record, Egypt continued to lead Group A with 10 points, paving their way towards the quarter-finals.
The Pharaohs will face Congo, who managed to finish fourth in Group B, in the quarter-finals on Wednesday.
Algeria qualified to the quarter-finals after finishing second in the group stage. Despite their loss against Egypt, Morocco secured their spot in the next stage, while Cameroon qualified after coming fourth.
Tunisia emerged as Group B leaders after winning their five games, while Angola came second. Congo DR and Congo have both secured their spot in the quarter-finals.