Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Mahmoud Gaber lead Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
Cúper: The result is not the most important thing
Egypt manager Héctor Cúper has spoken after his side’s disappointing defeat against Jordan on Wednesday, claiming that the result is not the most important thing.
The Egyptian national team suffered a disappointing friendly defeat on Wednesday evening as the pharaohs went down 1-0 to Jordan in Aswan Stadium.
”We studied our opponent well before the game and adding a lot of players to the training camp wasn’t the reason behind our loss,” Cúper said.
”The fans want us to win every game. We lost in a friendly game and we tried a lot of new players, but it’s not enough to see the players in the league games only as there is a difference between the domestic games and the international games.”
”I respect everyone’s opinion and I’m entitled to mine. We tried new tactics and we played well, but sometimes in the game we weren’t good enough and there is always a possibility of failure,” The Argentinian manager added.
“In the end it was only a friendly game and the result is not the most important thing.”
Egypt set to face the Libyan national football team on January 29 in Aswan Stadium as this game will be the final preparation before their AFCON 2017 qualifiers in March.