KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Cúper: The result is not the most important thing
Egypt manager Héctor Cúper has spoken after his side’s disappointing defeat against Jordan on Wednesday, claiming that the result is not the most important thing.
The Egyptian national team suffered a disappointing friendly defeat on Wednesday evening as the pharaohs went down 1-0 to Jordan in Aswan Stadium.
”We studied our opponent well before the game and adding a lot of players to the training camp wasn’t the reason behind our loss,” Cúper said.
”The fans want us to win every game. We lost in a friendly game and we tried a lot of new players, but it’s not enough to see the players in the league games only as there is a difference between the domestic games and the international games.”
”I respect everyone’s opinion and I’m entitled to mine. We tried new tactics and we played well, but sometimes in the game we weren’t good enough and there is always a possibility of failure,” The Argentinian manager added.
“In the end it was only a friendly game and the result is not the most important thing.”
Egypt set to face the Libyan national football team on January 29 in Aswan Stadium as this game will be the final preparation before their AFCON 2017 qualifiers in March.