Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
Egypt U-20s edge Algeria in friendly
The Egypt U-20s showed great resilience to beat Algeria 3-2 at the Chahid Aït Hocine Stadium in Algiers, in what was the first of two friendly games against them, in preparation for the 2017 U-20 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.
The Desert Foxes started the game brightly scoring a goal in the 12th minute when Aissa Dribi found the back of the net to put the home in front.
Ten minutes later, Moatemed Gamal’s men leveled the game through Mostafa Ahmed.
In the 28th minute the hosts regained the lead, this time through a penalty.
Just before half-time Mostafa Ahmed bagged his second of the game to send the teams into the break all square.
The game was to see no other goals until the 74th minute when Mohamed Mahmoud scored the Young Pharaohs’ third goal of the game. Mahmoud’s goal proved to be the winner as the game ended 3-2 in Egypt’s favour.
The U-20 national team will once again face-off against their Algerian counterparts in Algers on Friday at 16:00 Cairo time.
The Egyptian U-20 side is currently preparing for the 2017 U-20 AFCON qualifiers.
The draw for the qualifiers are set to take place on the 5th of February in Kigali, Rwanda who are the host of the competition.