The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
Jassem Sukar extends Dundee United contract until 2018
Egypt-eligible Jassem Sukar signed a contract extension at Dundee United keeping him at the club until May 2018, the club announced on their official website.
The young defender joined the Scottish club last September on an initial one-year deal after impressing his coaches while on trial for a month.
Sukar then joined third tier side Peterhead on a one-month loan deal in November and helped them reach the final of the Petrofac Cup; he will now remain with the Development Squad for the near future.
The 19-year-old plays a centre-back but can also cover as left-back, and has previously played for the youth teams of English clubs Sunderland and Middlesbrough.
— Dundee United FC (@dundeeunitedfc) January 26, 2016
Sukar qualifies for Egypt on his father’s side, and to England on his mother’s. However in 2014 the defender expressed his desire to represent Egypt’s national team, in an exclusive interview with KingFut‘s Marwan Ahmed.