Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Jassem Sukar extends Dundee United contract until 2018
Egypt-eligible Jassem Sukar signed a contract extension at Dundee United keeping him at the club until May 2018, the club announced on their official website.
The young defender joined the Scottish club last September on an initial one-year deal after impressing his coaches while on trial for a month.
Sukar then joined third tier side Peterhead on a one-month loan deal in November and helped them reach the final of the Petrofac Cup; he will now remain with the Development Squad for the near future.
The 19-year-old plays a centre-back but can also cover as left-back, and has previously played for the youth teams of English clubs Sunderland and Middlesbrough.
— Dundee United FC (@dundeeunitedfc) January 26, 2016
Sukar qualifies for Egypt on his father’s side, and to England on his mother’s. However in 2014 the defender expressed his desire to represent Egypt’s national team, in an exclusive interview with KingFut‘s Marwan Ahmed.