Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Jassem Sukar extends Dundee United contract until 2018
Egypt-eligible Jassem Sukar signed a contract extension at Dundee United keeping him at the club until May 2018, the club announced on their official website.
The young defender joined the Scottish club last September on an initial one-year deal after impressing his coaches while on trial for a month.
Sukar then joined third tier side Peterhead on a one-month loan deal in November and helped them reach the final of the Petrofac Cup; he will now remain with the Development Squad for the near future.
The 19-year-old plays a centre-back but can also cover as left-back, and has previously played for the youth teams of English clubs Sunderland and Middlesbrough.
— Dundee United FC (@dundeeunitedfc) January 26, 2016
Sukar qualifies for Egypt on his father’s side, and to England on his mother’s. However in 2014 the defender expressed his desire to represent Egypt’s national team, in an exclusive interview with KingFut‘s Marwan Ahmed.