KingFut covers the live action as Egypt take on Uganda in the...
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
Sunderland complete deal for Ivory Coast’s Lamine Koné
Koné represented France at youth level before making his full international debut for the Ivory Coast in 2014. He graduated from academy to first team at second division side LB Chateauroux in 2007 before earning a move to Lorient three years later.
The 26-year-old center back was a long-sought target for the Black Cats, with two previous attempts to sign the French-born defender falling short.
“Strengthening our defensive options was a priority for us and Lamine is a player that has impressed me when I’ve seen him play,” Sunderland manager Sam Allardyce told the club’s official website.
“He is big and strong, attributes you need to play in central defence in the Premier League, and his arrival will give us healthy competition for places in a key position,” he concluded.
Koné has signed a four-year deal with Sunderland that will tie him till 2020 and will wear the shirt number 23 for the Black Cats.