Egypt beat Uganda in the second round of Group D, however, they...
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
Official: Tanzania star Mbwana Samatta joins Belgian side KRC Genk
Aly Mbwana Samatta has signed a four-and-a-half year deal with Belgian side K.R.C Genk, the club announced on its official website.
The 23-year old striker has impressed for TP Mazembe this year as he led them to a fifth CAF Champions League title while scoring eight goals for the Congolese side.
Due to his impressive form, Samatta was chosen as the best African-based player in 2015 for his great year with the Ravens.
Samatta has joined TP Mazembe in 2011 and has since scored 20 goals in 40 matches in the CAF Champions League while also scoring 7 goals in 18 matches for the Tanzanian national team.
Genk currently sit 6th in the Belgian Pro League with 32 points and could surely use Samatta’s goal scoring to bolster their chances in the league.