Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
Egypt see off Angola to face Tunisia in the Final
The Pharaohs have reached the final of the 2016 African Handball Cup of Nations after beating Angola 25-15 in the semi-final.
Egypt reached the final after defeating Congo 39-18 in the quarter-final and were favourites going into their match against Angola.
Angola were hoping to surprise a few with a victory over the hosts, after managing to reach the semi-final after scraping through against Morocco 22-21.
Egypt’s star player ‘Ahmed Al Ahmar’ wasn’t at his best in the opening minutes but his manager Marwan Ragab kept his faith in him and was certain that the star player would show his quality, which he did scoring points for the Egyptians.
After 15 minutes the Egyptians were leading 7-4.
Angola’s Evaldo was the key player for the visiting team scoring the majority of the goals for his side.
The first half ended with Egypt leading Angola 12-8 and were on the right track to reach the final of an outstanding tournament and qualify for the 2016 Rio Olympic games.
The second half kicked off in the same manner as the first half with Egypt dominating.
Egypt were taking advantage of the fastbreaks that the Angola side were giving them, with Egypt’s Mohamed Sanad and ‘Boody’ shining for the Pharaohs as expected.
The hosts were in full control throughout the second half leading Angola which was the usual throughout the game.
The match ended with Marwan Ragab’s men defeating Angola 25-15 and sending a warning to the Tunisian team who beat Angola by 2 goals in the group stage.
Now Egypt will face Tunisia in the final at Cairo stadium on Saturday evening in an intriguing match up.
While Angola will face Algeria to determine in the third place playoff and to decide who joins Egypt and Tunisia in the 2016 Rio games.