Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
OFFICIAL: Former Chelsea star Florent Malouda signs for Wadi Degla
KingFut revealed a few days ago that Wadi Degla FC were in talks to sign the former 2006 FIFA World Cup runner-up, after the club released a statement saying that they were in talks to sign a ‘top international striker’ but kept the player’s name a mystery.
After a series of negotiations between him and club delegates, the former Chelsea star Malouda has agreed terms to a move to the Cairo-based club on Friday morning, and has put pen-to-paper with the club until the end of the season.
Florent Malouda last plied his trade at India’s Delhi Dynamos, who are managed by Brazil legend Roberto Carlos. The former Lyon and Chelsea winger hand’t scored a goal in the Indian Super League, but managed to rack up eight assists in 16 appearances.
The 35-year-old also has a strong relationship with Patrice Carteron, who recently signed his contract to manage Wadi Degla, as Malouda is a shareholder of his brother Lesly’s former club, Ligue 2 side Dijon FCO, a club that Patrice managed for three years.
Malouda is set to arrive in Egypt in the coming hours.