Smouha left back Patrick Malo has discussed his adaptation to life with the...
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
OFFICIAL: Former Chelsea star Florent Malouda signs for Wadi Degla
KingFut revealed a few days ago that Wadi Degla FC were in talks to sign the former 2006 FIFA World Cup runner-up, after the club released a statement saying that they were in talks to sign a ‘top international striker’ but kept the player’s name a mystery.
After a series of negotiations between him and club delegates, the former Chelsea star Malouda has agreed terms to a move to the Cairo-based club on Friday morning, and has put pen-to-paper with the club until the end of the season.
Florent Malouda last plied his trade at India’s Delhi Dynamos, who are managed by Brazil legend Roberto Carlos. The former Lyon and Chelsea winger hand’t scored a goal in the Indian Super League, but managed to rack up eight assists in 16 appearances.
The 35-year-old also has a strong relationship with Patrice Carteron, who recently signed his contract to manage Wadi Degla, as Malouda is a shareholder of his brother Lesly’s former club, Ligue 2 side Dijon FCO, a club that Patrice managed for three years.
Malouda is set to arrive in Egypt in the coming hours.