Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Maged Samy: Malouda transfer a huge boost for Egyptian League
The Florent Malouda transfer has officially been complete as the former France international put pen-to-paper with the Cairo-based club until the end of the season on Friday. The former Chelsea star and UEFA Champions League winner is set to arrive in Egypt in the coming hours, KingFut understands.
Following the signing of Malouda, Wadi Degla’s owner Maged Samy has made it clear that wanted to sign a world class attacker for multiple main reasons, including the demands of the team’s newly-appointed French manager Patrice Carteron.
“I wanted to sign a world-class player like Malouda for many reasons, as it will attract global media interest to the Egyptian Premier League, which will boost its marketing value,” Samy told Wadi Degla’s official website.
“In addition, I wanted to fulfill the demands of the team’s French manager Carteron, who asked to sign a ‘world-class attacker’,” he added.
It is worth mentioning that the 35-year-old has a strong relationship with Carteron, as Malouda is a shareholder in Ligue 2 side Dijon FCO, a club that Carteron managed for three years.