Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Maged Samy: Malouda transfer a huge boost for Egyptian League
The Florent Malouda transfer has officially been complete as the former France international put pen-to-paper with the Cairo-based club until the end of the season on Friday. The former Chelsea star and UEFA Champions League winner is set to arrive in Egypt in the coming hours, KingFut understands.
Following the signing of Malouda, Wadi Degla’s owner Maged Samy has made it clear that wanted to sign a world class attacker for multiple main reasons, including the demands of the team’s newly-appointed French manager Patrice Carteron.
“I wanted to sign a world-class player like Malouda for many reasons, as it will attract global media interest to the Egyptian Premier League, which will boost its marketing value,” Samy told Wadi Degla’s official website.
“In addition, I wanted to fulfill the demands of the team’s French manager Carteron, who asked to sign a ‘world-class attacker’,” he added.
It is worth mentioning that the 35-year-old has a strong relationship with Carteron, as Malouda is a shareholder in Ligue 2 side Dijon FCO, a club that Carteron managed for three years.