KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Maged Samy: Malouda transfer a huge boost for Egyptian League
The Florent Malouda transfer has officially been complete as the former France international put pen-to-paper with the Cairo-based club until the end of the season on Friday. The former Chelsea star and UEFA Champions League winner is set to arrive in Egypt in the coming hours, KingFut understands.
Following the signing of Malouda, Wadi Degla’s owner Maged Samy has made it clear that wanted to sign a world class attacker for multiple main reasons, including the demands of the team’s newly-appointed French manager Patrice Carteron.
“I wanted to sign a world-class player like Malouda for many reasons, as it will attract global media interest to the Egyptian Premier League, which will boost its marketing value,” Samy told Wadi Degla’s official website.
“In addition, I wanted to fulfill the demands of the team’s French manager Carteron, who asked to sign a ‘world-class attacker’,” he added.
It is worth mentioning that the 35-year-old has a strong relationship with Carteron, as Malouda is a shareholder in Ligue 2 side Dijon FCO, a club that Carteron managed for three years.