KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
Florent Malouda can’t wait to start playing for Wadi Degla FC
The former French international joined Wadi Degla FC earlier today on a six-months contract, having last played for Delhi Dynamos FC in the Indian super league.
“It’s going to be my first time ever in Egypt, I’m really really excited and can’t wait to start and play for Wadi Degla,” Malouda said.
“What I can promise is to deliver performances and to make sure that the team will now reach higher ranks in the table, that’s the ambition of the club.
“The club is young, and we will try to compete with the best teams in Egypt,” the 35-year-old concluded.
Maged Samy also expressed his enthusiasm, citing the signing as one which may have a great effect on Egyptian football.
It’s also worth mentioning that Malouda’s first official match with Wadi Degla FC will be his 500th appearance in all competitions.
The former Chelsea FC star arrived in Cairo on Friday night from Paris.
BREAKING: Florent Malouda has landed in Cairo. pic.twitter.com/85zgPBcGpG
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) January 29, 2016
The French Guiana born midfiulder enjoyed spells in Ligue 1 with Guingamp and Olympique Lyon, the Premier League with Chelsea FC, and Turkish Super Lig outfit Trabzonspor. His last spell before joining Delhi Dynamos FC was with FC Metz in France’s Ligue 2.