The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Florent Malouda can’t wait to start playing for Wadi Degla FC
The former French international joined Wadi Degla FC earlier today on a six-months contract, having last played for Delhi Dynamos FC in the Indian super league.
“It’s going to be my first time ever in Egypt, I’m really really excited and can’t wait to start and play for Wadi Degla,” Malouda said.
“What I can promise is to deliver performances and to make sure that the team will now reach higher ranks in the table, that’s the ambition of the club.
“The club is young, and we will try to compete with the best teams in Egypt,” the 35-year-old concluded.
Maged Samy also expressed his enthusiasm, citing the signing as one which may have a great effect on Egyptian football.
It’s also worth mentioning that Malouda’s first official match with Wadi Degla FC will be his 500th appearance in all competitions.
The former Chelsea FC star arrived in Cairo on Friday night from Paris.
BREAKING: Florent Malouda has landed in Cairo. pic.twitter.com/85zgPBcGpG
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) January 29, 2016
The French Guiana born midfiulder enjoyed spells in Ligue 1 with Guingamp and Olympique Lyon, the Premier League with Chelsea FC, and Turkish Super Lig outfit Trabzonspor. His last spell before joining Delhi Dynamos FC was with FC Metz in France’s Ligue 2.