Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Players, staff evacuate Aswan Stadium pitch
Players, officials and technical staff evacuated the Aswan Stadium pitch in a hurry less than half an hour into the friendly match between Egypt and Libya.
The players and officials were rubbing their eyes in pain, which would suggest the presence of tear gas around the stadium, but no official statement has been made at this moment.
Reports are emerging that the reason is that a group of fans outside the stadium attempted to enter forcefully, which prompted security forces to retaliate with tear gas, but nothing has been confirmed.
The Nile Sport correspondent at the stadium gave the same account, and the players return to the pitch 15 minutes after the incident.