Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Players, staff evacuate Aswan Stadium pitch
Players, officials and technical staff evacuated the Aswan Stadium pitch in a hurry less than half an hour into the friendly match between Egypt and Libya.
The players and officials were rubbing their eyes in pain, which would suggest the presence of tear gas around the stadium, but no official statement has been made at this moment.
Reports are emerging that the reason is that a group of fans outside the stadium attempted to enter forcefully, which prompted security forces to retaliate with tear gas, but nothing has been confirmed.
The Nile Sport correspondent at the stadium gave the same account, and the players return to the pitch 15 minutes after the incident.