Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
Players, staff evacuate Aswan Stadium pitch
Players, officials and technical staff evacuated the Aswan Stadium pitch in a hurry less than half an hour into the friendly match between Egypt and Libya.
The players and officials were rubbing their eyes in pain, which would suggest the presence of tear gas around the stadium, but no official statement has been made at this moment.
Reports are emerging that the reason is that a group of fans outside the stadium attempted to enter forcefully, which prompted security forces to retaliate with tear gas, but nothing has been confirmed.
The Nile Sport correspondent at the stadium gave the same account, and the players return to the pitch 15 minutes after the incident.