Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Players, staff evacuate Aswan Stadium pitch
Players, officials and technical staff evacuated the Aswan Stadium pitch in a hurry less than half an hour into the friendly match between Egypt and Libya.
The players and officials were rubbing their eyes in pain, which would suggest the presence of tear gas around the stadium, but no official statement has been made at this moment.
Reports are emerging that the reason is that a group of fans outside the stadium attempted to enter forcefully, which prompted security forces to retaliate with tear gas, but nothing has been confirmed.
The Nile Sport correspondent at the stadium gave the same account, and the players return to the pitch 15 minutes after the incident.