Egypt manager Hector Cuper believes that the Pharaohs didn’t play badly in...
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
OFFICIAL: Sherif Alaa joins Petrojet on loan
Zamalek defender Sherif Alaa has joined Petrojet on loan for one-and-a-half year, in the hope he will gain more first team football.
The 23-year-old only joined Zamalek last summer after making switch from Arab Contractors, but the young defender has found regular football hard to come by as he only played one Egyptian Premier League game since his arriving to the White Castle.
Sherif, who agreed the deal on Friday, chose to join Petrojet on a 18-month loan deal, despite receiving another loan offer from Dakhleya.
Sherif Alaa, had three assists in the 33 games he played with the Contractors last season, as he helped them to finish 7th in the league, before joining Zamalek with Mohamed Salem on a 5-year-deal, with the duo’s signatures cost the club a total of six million Egyptian pounds.
Petrojet have been in impressive form this season in the League, and find themselves in 7th place after 16 games and they will hope to continue their fine form after signing Sherif Alaa.
الزمالك يُعير شريف علاء إلى بتروجيت لمدة عام ونصف. pic.twitter.com/nkunuFipIh