Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
VIDEO: Arsene Wenger discusses Mohamed Elneny’s debut performance
Arsene Wenger praised debutant Mohamed Elneny in his post-match press conference, in the aftermath of his side’s cup win.
Arsenal defeated Burnley 2-1 at the Emirates Stadium to seal progression to the FA Cup Round of 16.
The 66-year-old was pleased with how his side kept their focus and praised the “efficient” Burnley.
“We needed to work. At the start it looked like it would be easy because we had a lot of the ball and good opportunities around the box. When it came back to 1-1, it became a different game. I think we were a bit shocked and they gained belief,’ he said.
“I saw them against Derby and I could see that this is a very efficient, strong team with no weakness. Everything they do is based on efficiency and they’ve shown that today. In the second half, I don’t think they created a lot.
“They had one or two opportunities on the counter-attack but we managed to win the game and we looked quite on control at the end. We needed to keep our focus, our urgency until the last minute,” he continued.
When asked about Egypt international Mohamed Elneny, Wenger responded, “I felt he started a bit cautious, played a bit secure. He became more adventurous, he had some good shots on goal. His mobility, his work rate was exceptional and for the rest, he needs to adjust to the power of the game in the Premier League.”
He concluded on the subject by saying, “This was a good welcome today and certainly he has learnt a lot today. It will take him some time to adjust to the power side of our game here, but the intelligence, the mobility and the technical level are good.”