Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Cuper decides on Egypt’s line up to face Nigeria
Egypt played two friendlies in the Aswan camp this week, losing the first game against Jordan 1-0 before beating Libya 2-0 in the second game for their preparations for the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier against Nigeria.
The Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) official website quoted Cuper’s comments after the Libya match as he described the camp as very beneficial.
“We gained a lot from the camp. We played two games and managed to know everything about the old and new players,” Cuper said.
“32 players have been called up to the camp. Some players proved to deserve the call up while others were below the needed level. We may call up more players I have already decided on the line up which will face Nigeria,” Cuper added.
Egypt are currently leading Group G after winning their two games against Tanzania and Chad. The Pharaohs are set to face Nigeria two times next March as they hope to make their first African Cup of Nations appearance since 2010.