Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Cuper decides on Egypt’s line up to face Nigeria
Egypt played two friendlies in the Aswan camp this week, losing the first game against Jordan 1-0 before beating Libya 2-0 in the second game for their preparations for the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier against Nigeria.
The Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) official website quoted Cuper’s comments after the Libya match as he described the camp as very beneficial.
“We gained a lot from the camp. We played two games and managed to know everything about the old and new players,” Cuper said.
“32 players have been called up to the camp. Some players proved to deserve the call up while others were below the needed level. We may call up more players I have already decided on the line up which will face Nigeria,” Cuper added.
Egypt are currently leading Group G after winning their two games against Tanzania and Chad. The Pharaohs are set to face Nigeria two times next March as they hope to make their first African Cup of Nations appearance since 2010.