Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
Cuper decides on Egypt’s line up to face Nigeria
Egypt national team coach Hector Cuper revealed that he had already set the Egypt line up to play against Nigeria next March after this camp in Aswan.
Egypt played two friendlies in the Aswan camp this week, losing the first game against Jordan 1-0 before beating Libya 2-0 in the second game for their preparations for the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier against Nigeria.
The Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) official website quoted Cuper’s comments after the Libya match as he described the camp as very beneficial.
“We gained a lot from the camp. We played two games and managed to know everything about the old and new players,” Cuper said.
“32 players have been called up to the camp. Some players proved to deserve the call up while others were below the needed level. We may call up more players I have already decided on the line up which will face Nigeria,” Cuper added.
Egypt are currently leading Group G after winning their two games against Tanzania and Chad. The Pharaohs are set to face Nigeria two times next March as they hope to make their first African Cup of Nations appearance since 2010.