Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Cuper decides on Egypt’s line up to face Nigeria
Egypt played two friendlies in the Aswan camp this week, losing the first game against Jordan 1-0 before beating Libya 2-0 in the second game for their preparations for the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualifier against Nigeria.
The Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) official website quoted Cuper’s comments after the Libya match as he described the camp as very beneficial.
“We gained a lot from the camp. We played two games and managed to know everything about the old and new players,” Cuper said.
“32 players have been called up to the camp. Some players proved to deserve the call up while others were below the needed level. We may call up more players I have already decided on the line up which will face Nigeria,” Cuper added.
Egypt are currently leading Group G after winning their two games against Tanzania and Chad. The Pharaohs are set to face Nigeria two times next March as they hope to make their first African Cup of Nations appearance since 2010.