Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Elmohamady features as Hull advance in FA Cup
The Egypt international has struggled to make the Tigers’ squad since the return of Robert Snodgrass from injury; Elmohamady was benched for Hull’s last victories against Charlton and Fulham. Nevertheless, Steve Bruce saw fit to start the Egyptian on Saturday.
Hull only needed 14 minutes to break the deadlock; Adama Diomande’s brilliant pass found Meyler, but his effort was saved by Bury goalkeeper Ian Lawlor before Arsenal loanee Chuba Akpom hit the rebound into the back of the net.
11 minutes into the second half, Nigeria international Aluko was fouled inside the box and his side were awarded a penalty; Akpom sent Lawlor the wrong way as he doubled the Tigers’ lead.
The 20-year-old striker then completed his hat-trick, as he cut inside to fire past Lawlor 15 minutes before the final whistle.
Bury could only manage a consolation goal, as Craig Jones’s shot found the far corner in the 86th minute as the match ended in a 1-3 win for Hull.
— Ahmed Elmohamady (@Elmo_27) January 30, 2016
Hull visit Burnley next weekend, as they aim to maintain their lead atop the Championship standings.