Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Elmohamady features as Hull advance in FA Cup
The Egypt international has struggled to make the Tigers’ squad since the return of Robert Snodgrass from injury; Elmohamady was benched for Hull’s last victories against Charlton and Fulham. Nevertheless, Steve Bruce saw fit to start the Egyptian on Saturday.
Hull only needed 14 minutes to break the deadlock; Adama Diomande’s brilliant pass found Meyler, but his effort was saved by Bury goalkeeper Ian Lawlor before Arsenal loanee Chuba Akpom hit the rebound into the back of the net.
11 minutes into the second half, Nigeria international Aluko was fouled inside the box and his side were awarded a penalty; Akpom sent Lawlor the wrong way as he doubled the Tigers’ lead.
The 20-year-old striker then completed his hat-trick, as he cut inside to fire past Lawlor 15 minutes before the final whistle.
Bury could only manage a consolation goal, as Craig Jones’s shot found the far corner in the 86th minute as the match ended in a 1-3 win for Hull.
— Ahmed Elmohamady (@Elmo_27) January 30, 2016
Hull visit Burnley next weekend, as they aim to maintain their lead atop the Championship standings.