Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Elmohamady features as Hull advance in FA Cup
The Egypt international has struggled to make the Tigers’ squad since the return of Robert Snodgrass from injury; Elmohamady was benched for Hull’s last victories against Charlton and Fulham. Nevertheless, Steve Bruce saw fit to start the Egyptian on Saturday.
Hull only needed 14 minutes to break the deadlock; Adama Diomande’s brilliant pass found Meyler, but his effort was saved by Bury goalkeeper Ian Lawlor before Arsenal loanee Chuba Akpom hit the rebound into the back of the net.
11 minutes into the second half, Nigeria international Aluko was fouled inside the box and his side were awarded a penalty; Akpom sent Lawlor the wrong way as he doubled the Tigers’ lead.
The 20-year-old striker then completed his hat-trick, as he cut inside to fire past Lawlor 15 minutes before the final whistle.
Bury could only manage a consolation goal, as Craig Jones’s shot found the far corner in the 86th minute as the match ended in a 1-3 win for Hull.
— Ahmed Elmohamady (@Elmo_27) January 30, 2016
Hull visit Burnley next weekend, as they aim to maintain their lead atop the Championship standings.