Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has confirmed that his Cameroonian defender Joël Matip will not be going...
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
Sam Morsy debuts in Wigan victory
Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy was substituted in in the 70th minute against his former side Port Vale in the 29th round of the League One.
Wigan were already leading 3-0 by the time of Morsy’s introduction, thanks to a goal from Yanic Wildschut and Will Grigg’s brace, but the defensive midfielder helped the Latics hold on for the three points.
Wigan’s manager, Gary Caldwell, expressed his delight with Morsy’s performance, stating, “Sam and Ryan both did excellently.” He continued, “It was good to get a game like that where we could bring them both on and give them the feel of the DW.”
Caldwell added, “Playing with a new team is always difficult, especially considering they have only had one training session with the team, but they showed their quality and gave the squad a real boost.”
Wigan are currently in fourth place in the table with 52 points, and five points behind league leaders Burton Albion. Wigan face Sheffield United next Saturday in League One action.