Mamelodi Sundowns midfielder, Keagen Dolly, told reporters that winning the CAF African...
- Sundowns’ midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
Sam Morsy debuts in Wigan victory
Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy was substituted in in the 70th minute against his former side Port Vale in the 29th round of the League One.
Wigan were already leading 3-0 by the time of Morsy’s introduction, thanks to a goal from Yanic Wildschut and Will Grigg’s brace, but the defensive midfielder helped the Latics hold on for the three points.
Wigan’s manager, Gary Caldwell, expressed his delight with Morsy’s performance, stating, “Sam and Ryan both did excellently.” He continued, “It was good to get a game like that where we could bring them both on and give them the feel of the DW.”
Caldwell added, “Playing with a new team is always difficult, especially considering they have only had one training session with the team, but they showed their quality and gave the squad a real boost.”
Wigan are currently in fourth place in the table with 52 points, and five points behind league leaders Burton Albion. Wigan face Sheffield United next Saturday in League One action.