Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Sam Morsy debuts in Wigan victory
Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy was substituted in in the 70th minute against his former side Port Vale in the 29th round of the League One.
Wigan were already leading 3-0 by the time of Morsy’s introduction, thanks to a goal from Yanic Wildschut and Will Grigg’s brace, but the defensive midfielder helped the Latics hold on for the three points.
Wigan’s manager, Gary Caldwell, expressed his delight with Morsy’s performance, stating, “Sam and Ryan both did excellently.” He continued, “It was good to get a game like that where we could bring them both on and give them the feel of the DW.”
Caldwell added, “Playing with a new team is always difficult, especially considering they have only had one training session with the team, but they showed their quality and gave the squad a real boost.”
Wigan are currently in fourth place in the table with 52 points, and five points behind league leaders Burton Albion. Wigan face Sheffield United next Saturday in League One action.