Al Ahly received $3.8 million of the transfer fees of former Red...
- Marwan ElShorbagy defeats brother to reach Windy City Open semi-finals
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
Sam Morsy debuts in Wigan victory
Egypt-eligible Sam Morsy was substituted in in the 70th minute against his former side Port Vale in the 29th round of the League One.
Wigan were already leading 3-0 by the time of Morsy’s introduction, thanks to a goal from Yanic Wildschut and Will Grigg’s brace, but the defensive midfielder helped the Latics hold on for the three points.
Wigan’s manager, Gary Caldwell, expressed his delight with Morsy’s performance, stating, “Sam and Ryan both did excellently.” He continued, “It was good to get a game like that where we could bring them both on and give them the feel of the DW.”
Caldwell added, “Playing with a new team is always difficult, especially considering they have only had one training session with the team, but they showed their quality and gave the squad a real boost.”
Wigan are currently in fourth place in the table with 52 points, and five points behind league leaders Burton Albion. Wigan face Sheffield United next Saturday in League One action.