Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Trezeguet features in Anderlecht league victory
Egyptian international Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ came on as a substitute in Anderlecht’s 2-1 away win against Sint-Truidense in the 24th round of the Belgian Pro League.
After playing for 11 minutes in Anderlecht’s victory against Charleroi, the 21-year-old midfielder was a substitute once again, featuring for almost 26 minutes.
Anderlecht had a dream start as the visitors’ midfielder Lukebakio was fouled in the box to award his team an early penalty after just two minutes. Tielemans gave Anderlecht the lead after finding the net from the spot.
24 minutes into the first half, Sint-Truidense scored an equalizer. Anderlecht’s goalkeeper Silvio Proto failed to deal with a low cross from the right to find Ruben Fernandez, who tapped into the empty net.
Trezeguet came on in the 64th minute replacing Dennis Praet. 12 minutes later, the Ahly loanee was fouled as Cristian Cuevas was shown a yellow card.
Six minutes before full-time, Anderlecht took the lead again. Guinean international Idrissa Syalla met a long pass before lobbing Sint-Truidense’s goalkeeper, scoring his team second goal.
In the second minute of the additional time, Sint-Truidense’s winger Victorien Angban was shown a direct red card after a violent foul on Steven Dafour, and Anderlecht held onto the three points.
The win helped Anderlecht take over the second place with 47 points to increase the pressure on the league leaders K.A.A. Gent, who are on 49 points. With this loss, Sint-Truidense stay in the 12th place with 26 points.