Former Egypt manager Hassan Shehata has resigned from his post as Petrojet...
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
- Tunisia confirm Nabil Maaloul as new head coach
- Al Ahly’s games vs Entag, El-Geish, Nasr postponed
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
Official: Werder Bremen sign Mali’s Sambou Yatabare
Mali international midfielder Sambou Yatabare has completed his move to the Bundesliga side Werder Bremen on a three-and-a-half year deal, according to the club’s official website.
Yatabare, who was on loan at Belgian side Standard Liege until the end of the season, joined the German side from Greek club Olympiacos.
Werder Bremen managed to secure the services of the Mali midfielder until June 2019.
“With Sambou, we have signed our dream player. We are glad that we were able to convince him to join Werder. He gives us further options in midfield and raises the quality of our squad,” sporting director Thomas Eichin told the club’s official website.
Yatabare made 18 appearances for Mali and represented his country at the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations, where he scored his team’s first goal in the tournament as they drew 1-1 with Cameroon.
Director of sports Rouven Schröder also said, “Sambou already has a great deal of experience but he is no longer in the developing age range.”
“He is an aggressive player in midfield who can have a great influence on the game with his height and tackling ability. He is also flexible in terms of position and can play in both an attacking and defensive role,” Rouven added.
The 26-year-old midfielder started his professional career in 2008 with French side SM Caen. Three years later, Yatabare completed a move to AS Monaco.
Playing only for one season with Monaco, Yatabare joined Bastia the following year before joining Greek side Olympiacos in 2013. During his career with Olympiacos, Yatabare was loaned to Bastia, Guingamp and Standard Liege.