Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
VIDEO: Ronaldinho features as Ismael Blanco scores in thriller
Ronaldinho had agreed a one-match contract with the Ecuadorian side earlier this month.
Damien Diaz scored twice in the first half as the teams entered the break at 2-2, with the legendary Brazilian assisting the second.
Blanco then scored his side’s third goal of the match in the 57th minute, after involvement by the 2005 Ballon d’Or winner.
11 minutes later, the striker of Egyptian descent played a glorious backheel pass to Ronaldinho, but the latter’s shot was straight at the goalkeeper.
The were two further goals from Cristhian Penilla and Ponce for each side, as the match ended 4-3 to Barcelona.
Barcelona finished in sixth place in the 2015 Ecuador Serie A Clausura, the second round of the Ecuadorian top division, as Blanco scored four goals and assisted three.