Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
OFFICIAL: Emmanuel Emenike joins West Ham on loan
West Ham have confirmed that Nigerian forward Emmanuel Emenike has joined the club on loan, until the end of the season.
The Fenerbache chairman had hinted earlier that the player was close to joining the Hammers, and the move has indeed been finalised.
“The Premier League is the best league in the world, because it’s everyone’s dream to play here,” he enthused.
— West Ham United FC (@whufc_official) January 31, 2016
The 28-year-old joined Fenerbache from Spartak Moscow in the summer of 2013, but the attacker was loaned out to Al Ain of the UAE last summer, for a fee of €3.5 million.
Upon returning to Turkey, the club have decided to ship him out again immediately, and West London will be his destination.
Emenike made his debut for the Nigerian national team in 2011, aged 23, but called quits on his international career in 2015.
West Ham host relegation candidates Aston Villa in midweek, as they aim to continue their push for European football next season.