Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
VIDEO: Subdued Salah features as El Shaarawy dazzles on debut
Mohamed Salah played 83 minutes as AS Roma eased past Frosinone 3-1, with ‘Il Faraone’ Stephan El Shaarawy making his debut for the club.
Salah started on the right, opposite debutant Stephan El Shaarawy, with Dzeko in a central position.
The Egypt international was involved in Rajda Naingolan’s opener; he tried – and failed – to take a loose ball in his path and ended up partially blocking the opposition goalkeeper’s view as the Belgian rifled home.
Just six minutes later, the visitors were level after Daniel Ciofani juggled the ball before finding the space between Wojciech Szczesny’s legs, to score a fabulous equaliser.
Roma came out stronger in the second half, and El Shaarawy ensured his first match for Roma would be a memorable occasion; the attacker – of Egyptian descent – pulled off an audacious backheel flick to find the bottom corner and put the hosts back in the lead in the 48th minute.
Seconds after Salah was replaced by Willian Vainqueur, Pjanic sealed the win with a calm, composed finish.
The result (Roma’s first win in five) means the Giallorossi stay in fifth place for at least another week, ahead of a tough visit to an impressive Sassuolo side.