Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
VIDEO: Subdued Salah features as El Shaarawy dazzles on debut
Mohamed Salah played 83 minutes as AS Roma eased past Frosinone 3-1, with ‘Il Faraone’ Stephan El Shaarawy making his debut for the club.
Salah started on the right, opposite debutant Stephan El Shaarawy, with Dzeko in a central position.
The Egypt international was involved in Rajda Naingolan’s opener; he tried – and failed – to take a loose ball in his path and ended up partially blocking the opposition goalkeeper’s view as the Belgian rifled home.
Just six minutes later, the visitors were level after Daniel Ciofani juggled the ball before finding the space between Wojciech Szczesny’s legs, to score a fabulous equaliser.
Roma came out stronger in the second half, and El Shaarawy ensured his first match for Roma would be a memorable occasion; the attacker – of Egyptian descent – pulled off an audacious backheel flick to find the bottom corner and put the hosts back in the lead in the 48th minute.
Seconds after Salah was replaced by Willian Vainqueur, Pjanic sealed the win with a calm, composed finish.
The result (Roma’s first win in five) means the Giallorossi stay in fifth place for at least another week, ahead of a tough visit to an impressive Sassuolo side.