Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
VIDEO: Subdued Salah features as El Shaarawy dazzles on debut
Mohamed Salah played 83 minutes as AS Roma eased past Frosinone 3-1, with ‘Il Faraone’ Stephan El Shaarawy making his debut for the club.
Salah started on the right, opposite debutant Stephan El Shaarawy, with Dzeko in a central position.
The Egypt international was involved in Rajda Naingolan’s opener; he tried – and failed – to take a loose ball in his path and ended up partially blocking the opposition goalkeeper’s view as the Belgian rifled home.
Just six minutes later, the visitors were level after Daniel Ciofani juggled the ball before finding the space between Wojciech Szczesny’s legs, to score a fabulous equaliser.
Roma came out stronger in the second half, and El Shaarawy ensured his first match for Roma would be a memorable occasion; the attacker – of Egyptian descent – pulled off an audacious backheel flick to find the bottom corner and put the hosts back in the lead in the 48th minute.
Seconds after Salah was replaced by Willian Vainqueur, Pjanic sealed the win with a calm, composed finish.
The result (Roma’s first win in five) means the Giallorossi stay in fifth place for at least another week, ahead of a tough visit to an impressive Sassuolo side.