Al Ahly handball team managed to qualify for Egypt Cup semi-finals after...
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
VIDEO: Subdued Salah features as El Shaarawy dazzles on debut
Mohamed Salah played 83 minutes as AS Roma eased past Frosinone 3-1, with ‘Il Faraone’ Stephan El Shaarawy making his debut for the club.
Salah started on the right, opposite debutant Stephan El Shaarawy, with Dzeko in a central position.
The Egypt international was involved in Rajda Naingolan’s opener; he tried – and failed – to take a loose ball in his path and ended up partially blocking the opposition goalkeeper’s view as the Belgian rifled home.
Just six minutes later, the visitors were level after Daniel Ciofani juggled the ball before finding the space between Wojciech Szczesny’s legs, to score a fabulous equaliser.
Roma came out stronger in the second half, and El Shaarawy ensured his first match for Roma would be a memorable occasion; the attacker – of Egyptian descent – pulled off an audacious backheel flick to find the bottom corner and put the hosts back in the lead in the 48th minute.
Seconds after Salah was replaced by Willian Vainqueur, Pjanic sealed the win with a calm, composed finish.
The result (Roma’s first win in five) means the Giallorossi stay in fifth place for at least another week, ahead of a tough visit to an impressive Sassuolo side.