Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
Official: Fathi contract renewed amid transfer speculation
The youngster, who has recently been subject to reported interest from a number of European sides, has signed a five-year extension to his current deal, as announced by Zamalek on their official social media pages.
It is believed that following the interest in Fathi from abroad, which reportedly included Italian giants Inter Milan, Zamalek have inserted a buy-out clause into the new deal.
Full details of the contract have not been released yet, however it is a huge signal of intent from Zamalek. Fathi has been a key figure in the Zamalek side this term, putting in a few fantastic performances and showing great potential.
To date this season Fathi has made 14 appearances for the White Knights, scoring 4 goals and providing a further two assists as Zamalek currently lie in 2nd place in the league, one point adrift of arch rivals Al Ahly.