Egypt’s Minister of Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on Sunday the...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
OFFICIAL: Doumbia completes Newcastle loan move from Roma
Doumbia joins the Premier League outfit after a six-month loan spell at old club CSKA Moscow.
The 28-year-old had moved from Moscow to Mohamed Salah’s current side in the January transfer window last year for a €14.4 million fee, but returned on a temporary basis to his former side – CSKA – last summer after failing to make an impression at the Stadio Olimpico.
— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) February 1, 2016
Newcastle’s official statement:
Newcastle United have completed the loan signing of Ivory Coast international striker Seydou Doumbia from AS Roma, subject to the player receiving the appropriate visa.
The 28-year-old moves to St. James’ Park until the end of the season, with an option to make the deal permanent in the summer.
Now, the forward will make his first-ever appearance in the English top flight, and is reported to have requested the #88 shirt in the Tyneside-based club’s squad.
Doumbia was a key figure in Côte d’Ivoire’s victorious 2015 African Cup of Nations campaign, under then manager Hervé Renard.