Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
OFFICIAL: Doumbia completes Newcastle loan move from Roma
Doumbia joins the Premier League outfit after a six-month loan spell at old club CSKA Moscow.
The 28-year-old had moved from Moscow to Mohamed Salah’s current side in the January transfer window last year for a €14.4 million fee, but returned on a temporary basis to his former side – CSKA – last summer after failing to make an impression at the Stadio Olimpico.
— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) February 1, 2016
Newcastle’s official statement:
Newcastle United have completed the loan signing of Ivory Coast international striker Seydou Doumbia from AS Roma, subject to the player receiving the appropriate visa.
The 28-year-old moves to St. James’ Park until the end of the season, with an option to make the deal permanent in the summer.
Now, the forward will make his first-ever appearance in the English top flight, and is reported to have requested the #88 shirt in the Tyneside-based club’s squad.
Doumbia was a key figure in Côte d’Ivoire’s victorious 2015 African Cup of Nations campaign, under then manager Hervé Renard.