Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
OFFICIAL: Doumbia completes Newcastle loan move from Roma
Doumbia joins the Premier League outfit after a six-month loan spell at old club CSKA Moscow.
The 28-year-old had moved from Moscow to Mohamed Salah’s current side in the January transfer window last year for a €14.4 million fee, but returned on a temporary basis to his former side – CSKA – last summer after failing to make an impression at the Stadio Olimpico.
— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) February 1, 2016
Newcastle’s official statement:
Newcastle United have completed the loan signing of Ivory Coast international striker Seydou Doumbia from AS Roma, subject to the player receiving the appropriate visa.
The 28-year-old moves to St. James’ Park until the end of the season, with an option to make the deal permanent in the summer.
Now, the forward will make his first-ever appearance in the English top flight, and is reported to have requested the #88 shirt in the Tyneside-based club’s squad.
Doumbia was a key figure in Côte d’Ivoire’s victorious 2015 African Cup of Nations campaign, under then manager Hervé Renard.