Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
OFFICIAL: Doumbia completes Newcastle loan move from Roma
Doumbia joins the Premier League outfit after a six-month loan spell at old club CSKA Moscow.
The 28-year-old had moved from Moscow to Mohamed Salah’s current side in the January transfer window last year for a €14.4 million fee, but returned on a temporary basis to his former side – CSKA – last summer after failing to make an impression at the Stadio Olimpico.
— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) February 1, 2016
Newcastle’s official statement:
Newcastle United have completed the loan signing of Ivory Coast international striker Seydou Doumbia from AS Roma, subject to the player receiving the appropriate visa.
The 28-year-old moves to St. James’ Park until the end of the season, with an option to make the deal permanent in the summer.
Now, the forward will make his first-ever appearance in the English top flight, and is reported to have requested the #88 shirt in the Tyneside-based club’s squad.
Doumbia was a key figure in Côte d’Ivoire’s victorious 2015 African Cup of Nations campaign, under then manager Hervé Renard.