Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
OFFICIAL: Doumbia completes Newcastle loan move from Roma
Doumbia joins the Premier League outfit after a six-month loan spell at old club CSKA Moscow.
The 28-year-old had moved from Moscow to Mohamed Salah’s current side in the January transfer window last year for a €14.4 million fee, but returned on a temporary basis to his former side – CSKA – last summer after failing to make an impression at the Stadio Olimpico.
— Newcastle United FC (@NUFC) February 1, 2016
Newcastle’s official statement:
Newcastle United have completed the loan signing of Ivory Coast international striker Seydou Doumbia from AS Roma, subject to the player receiving the appropriate visa.
The 28-year-old moves to St. James’ Park until the end of the season, with an option to make the deal permanent in the summer.
Now, the forward will make his first-ever appearance in the English top flight, and is reported to have requested the #88 shirt in the Tyneside-based club’s squad.
Doumbia was a key figure in Côte d’Ivoire’s victorious 2015 African Cup of Nations campaign, under then manager Hervé Renard.