Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Official: Smouha complete signing of Iraq international Amjad Radhi
Smouha have completed the signing of Iraqi striker Amjad Radhi from Al-Raed for an undisclosed fee.
The 25-year-old arrives at Smouha with an international experience, having made 34 international appearances for Iraq and over 150 club appearances during his career so far, in which he has played league football in Iraq and Saudi Arabia.
Amjad Radhi will occupy Smouha’s final foreign player slot after Mansou Kouakou and Ousmane Adama Ouattara, both of Cote d’Ivoire, following club president Farag Amer’s previous claims that they were in ‘advanced negotiations’ to sign Cameroon legend Samuel Eto’o.
In response to the announcement of signing Radhi, one Smouha fan asked “where’s Eto’o?” to which the club responded: “He doesn’t have luck to come to Smouha.”
Radhi started his career in 2007 with Iraqi side Al-Quwa Al-Jawiya, where he won the Iraqi league top goalscorer during the 2009/10 season, netting 33 goals in total aged just 19. After four years he moved to Erbil SC, where he enjoyed much success.
During his time with Erbil, Amjad made over 70 appearances, winning the Iraqi league title in 2012 and the top goalscorer award in the same year. He was also a regular in the Asian Champions League, where he finished the tournament as the top-goal scorer, helping Erbil to the final of the competition in 2012.
Smouha are currently 7th in the league after 14 games and their next game will be against Tala’a El-Gaish on February 7.