Egypt international and Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny has started the process of recovering...
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
Wenger praises ‘encouraging’ Elneny performance
The 66-year-old by stressing the importance of the current month to his side’s title hopes.
“The [coming weeks] can be pivotal but not decisive They will give a clear indication of the strength of the teams and who can cope with the importance of the games. At the end of the day somebody will win and the team who will win has to go through the important games with strong performances,” Wenger said.
“It’s a big month for us. I am quite confident, having everybody available, that we can do very well. What is important now is for us to be capable of focusing and coping with that kind of expectation level,” he continued.
On the subject of latest recruit Mohamed Elneny, the Frenchman said, “His first performance was very good in many aspects. He had plenty of passes, he made 84 passes and 98 per cent were completed. His movement was good, he had a high work-rate.
“He has to adapt to the toughness of the challenges and certainly gain a little bit in confidence to be more incisive in his passing, but overall for a first performance it was encouraging.”
Arsenal host Southampton on Tuesday and Arsene Wenger will be hoping convincing win, both to stay in the hunt for the league title after three consecutive winless games and to avenge their embarrassing 4-0 away loss in the corresponding fixture this season.