Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Wenger praises ‘encouraging’ Elneny performance
Speaking at a press conference ahead of Tuesday’s clash against Southampton in the Premier League, Arsenal boss Wenger had good things to say about his newest player, Mohamed Elneny.
The 66-year-old by stressing the importance of the current month to his side’s title hopes.
“The [coming weeks] can be pivotal but not decisive They will give a clear indication of the strength of the teams and who can cope with the importance of the games. At the end of the day somebody will win and the team who will win has to go through the important games with strong performances,” Wenger said.
“It’s a big month for us. I am quite confident, having everybody available, that we can do very well. What is important now is for us to be capable of focusing and coping with that kind of expectation level,” he continued.
On the subject of latest recruit Mohamed Elneny, the Frenchman said, “His first performance was very good in many aspects. He had plenty of passes, he made 84 passes and 98 per cent were completed. His movement was good, he had a high work-rate.
“He has to adapt to the toughness of the challenges and certainly gain a little bit in confidence to be more incisive in his passing, but overall for a first performance it was encouraging.”
Arsenal host Southampton on Tuesday and Arsene Wenger will be hoping convincing win, both to stay in the hunt for the league title after three consecutive winless games and to avenge their embarrassing 4-0 away loss in the corresponding fixture this season.