Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
OFFICIAL: Amro Tarek joins Columbus Crew SC on loan from Real Betis
Egyptian left-back Amro Tarek has joined MLS side Columbus Crew on a one-year loan deal, Real Betis announced on its official website.
Amro Tarek Abdel-Aziz will be the first Egyptian player to move to Major League Soccer (MLS) as Real Betis have announced at 2:30 AM (CET) on Tuesday that they have reached an agreement to loan him to Columbus Crew.
The former Wolfsburg II defender joined Real Betis in the summer for €300,000 from Egyptian Premier League club El-Gouna, signing a four-year deal with the promoted La Liga side.
The 23-year-old did not make a single competitive appearance with Betis, and recently confirmed to KingFut that he would “definitely be leaving Betis on loan in January”, amidst speculation surrounding his future.
Amro was linked to a host of clubs over the winter, ranging from SC Freiburg and Real Valladolid to Egyptian giants Al Ahly. Nevertheless, the Egyptian’s future has now been settled, as Real Betis have announced that he will join Columbus Crew on loan until December 2016. The 2015 MLS Cup finalists have yet to announce the deal, however.
Amro Tarek was born in Los Angeles, USA, and previously played with Chivas USA Reserves in the MLS Reserve League against Portland Timbers Reserves.
Amro has yet to be called up to the Egyptian national team, but has previously represented the Pharaohs at the U-20 level.
UPDATE (February 3): Columbus Crew have announced the signing of Amro Tarek on loan until December 2016.