Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
OFFICIAL: Amro Tarek joins Columbus Crew SC on loan from Real Betis
Egyptian left-back Amro Tarek has joined MLS side Columbus Crew on a one-year loan deal, Real Betis announced on its official website.
Amro Tarek Abdel-Aziz will be the first Egyptian player to move to Major League Soccer (MLS) as Real Betis have announced at 2:30 AM (CET) on Tuesday that they have reached an agreement to loan him to Columbus Crew.
The former Wolfsburg II defender joined Real Betis in the summer for €300,000 from Egyptian Premier League club El-Gouna, signing a four-year deal with the promoted La Liga side.
The 23-year-old did not make a single competitive appearance with Betis, and recently confirmed to KingFut that he would “definitely be leaving Betis on loan in January”, amidst speculation surrounding his future.
Amro was linked to a host of clubs over the winter, ranging from SC Freiburg and Real Valladolid to Egyptian giants Al Ahly. Nevertheless, the Egyptian’s future has now been settled, as Real Betis have announced that he will join Columbus Crew on loan until December 2016. The 2015 MLS Cup finalists have yet to announce the deal, however.
Amro Tarek was born in Los Angeles, USA, and previously played with Chivas USA Reserves in the MLS Reserve League against Portland Timbers Reserves.
Amro has yet to be called up to the Egyptian national team, but has previously represented the Pharaohs at the U-20 level.
UPDATE (February 3): Columbus Crew have announced the signing of Amro Tarek on loan until December 2016.