Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
OFFICIAL: Amro Tarek joins Columbus Crew SC on loan from Real Betis
Amro Tarek Abdel-Aziz will be the first Egyptian player to move to Major League Soccer (MLS) as Real Betis have announced at 2:30 AM (CET) on Tuesday that they have reached an agreement to loan him to Columbus Crew.
The 23-year-old did not make a single competitive appearance with Betis, and recently confirmed to KingFut that he would “definitely be leaving Betis on loan in January”, amidst speculation surrounding his future.
Amro was linked to a host of clubs over the winter, ranging from SC Freiburg and Real Valladolid to Egyptian giants Al Ahly. Nevertheless, the Egyptian’s future has now been settled, as Real Betis have announced that he will join Columbus Crew on loan until December 2016. The 2015 MLS Cup finalists have yet to announce the deal, however.
Amro Tarek was born in Los Angeles, USA, and previously played with Chivas USA Reserves in the MLS Reserve League against Portland Timbers Reserves.
Amro has yet to be called up to the Egyptian national team, but has previously represented the Pharaohs at the U-20 level.
UPDATE (February 3): Columbus Crew have announced the signing of Amro Tarek on loan until December 2016.