Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal has stressed that Egypt manager Hector Cuper...
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
OFFICIAL: Amro Tarek joins Columbus Crew SC on loan from Real Betis
Egyptian left-back Amro Tarek has joined MLS side Columbus Crew on a one-year loan deal, Real Betis announced on its official website.
Amro Tarek Abdel-Aziz will be the first Egyptian player to move to Major League Soccer (MLS) as Real Betis have announced at 2:30 AM (CET) on Tuesday that they have reached an agreement to loan him to Columbus Crew.
The 23-year-old did not make a single competitive appearance with Betis, and recently confirmed to KingFut that he would “definitely be leaving Betis on loan in January”, amidst speculation surrounding his future.
Amro was linked to a host of clubs over the winter, ranging from SC Freiburg and Real Valladolid to Egyptian giants Al Ahly. Nevertheless, the Egyptian’s future has now been settled, as Real Betis have announced that he will join Columbus Crew on loan until December 2016. The 2015 MLS Cup finalists have yet to announce the deal, however.
Amro Tarek was born in Los Angeles, USA, and previously played with Chivas USA Reserves in the MLS Reserve League against Portland Timbers Reserves.
Amro has yet to be called up to the Egyptian national team, but has previously represented the Pharaohs at the U-20 level.
UPDATE (February 3): Columbus Crew have announced the signing of Amro Tarek on loan until December 2016.