Mamelodi Sundowns manager, Pitso Mosimane, thinks that he still has a tough match...
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
German coach Felix Magath turns down Al Ahly job – Report
German manager Felix Magath has turned down an offer to coach Al Ahly, according to a report in German newspaper Bild.
The 62-year-old manager was reportedly one of the potential candidates for the head coach position at the Red Castle, after the departure of Portuguese coach Jose Peseiro for FC Porto.
“I rejected the offer because the political situation in Egypt is unstable, the German managers who previously coached in Egypt like Karl Heinz Feldkamp, Dixie Dörner, Reiner Hollmann and Rainer Zobel worked in different conditions,” Magath told the German newspaper.
The German coach won two consecutive Bundesliga titles with Bayern Munich in 2005 and 2006. In the 2008-09 season, he led Wolfsburg to win their first ever Bundesliga title.
Following the departure of Peseiro, Al Ahly board appointed Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy as interim manager. After he took over, Zizo led Al Ahly to win their two games, against Ismaily and Ittihad of Alexandria.
The Red Castle are set to face ENPPI in the Egyptian Premier League on Wednesday, before playing against archrivals Zamalek on 9 February.