Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Me and Ibrahimovic almost killed each other
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
German coach Felix Magath turns down Al Ahly job – Report
German manager Felix Magath has turned down an offer to coach Al Ahly, according to a report in German newspaper Bild.
The 62-year-old manager was reportedly one of the potential candidates for the head coach position at the Red Castle, after the departure of Portuguese coach Jose Peseiro for FC Porto.
“I rejected the offer because the political situation in Egypt is unstable, the German managers who previously coached in Egypt like Karl Heinz Feldkamp, Dixie Dörner, Reiner Hollmann and Rainer Zobel worked in different conditions,” Magath told the German newspaper.
The German coach won two consecutive Bundesliga titles with Bayern Munich in 2005 and 2006. In the 2008-09 season, he led Wolfsburg to win their first ever Bundesliga title.
Following the departure of Peseiro, Al Ahly board appointed Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy as interim manager. After he took over, Zizo led Al Ahly to win their two games, against Ismaily and Ittihad of Alexandria.