Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Khaled Walid makes move to Wadi Degla
Khaled Walid has made a move to Wadi Degla after the goalkeeper was deemed to be surplus to requirements at Cairo giants Al Ahly.
The young keeper, who has been part of the Al Ahly youth setup, signed a contract with Wadi Degla earlier this week. It is the second transfer announced this week by the Cairo based side, who earlier announced the shock signing of former Chelsea and French international Florent Malouda.
Walid was deemed surplus to requirements by Al Ahly, who already have five keepers registered in their current squad for this season. Walid was also in talks with Alexandrian-based side Smouha before the deal with Wadi Degla was finalised, with the plug being pulled on the prospective deal after negotiations stalled.
Walid will be looking to gain as many first team minutes as possible at Wadi Degla. The keeper is expected to be second choice to former Al Ahly and Egypt national team keeper Essam El-Hadary, who is still plying his trade for the Cairo-based side at the ripe old age of 43.