Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Khaled Walid makes move to Wadi Degla
Khaled Walid has made a move to Wadi Degla after the goalkeeper was deemed to be surplus to requirements at Cairo giants Al Ahly.
The young keeper, who has been part of the Al Ahly youth setup, signed a contract with Wadi Degla earlier this week. It is the second transfer announced this week by the Cairo based side, who earlier announced the shock signing of former Chelsea and French international Florent Malouda.
Walid was deemed surplus to requirements by Al Ahly, who already have five keepers registered in their current squad for this season. Walid was also in talks with Alexandrian-based side Smouha before the deal with Wadi Degla was finalised, with the plug being pulled on the prospective deal after negotiations stalled.
Walid will be looking to gain as many first team minutes as possible at Wadi Degla. The keeper is expected to be second choice to former Al Ahly and Egypt national team keeper Essam El-Hadary, who is still plying his trade for the Cairo-based side at the ripe old age of 43.