Referee Ibrahim Nour El-Dein talked about his contentious penalty decision in Al...
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
Khaled Walid makes move to Wadi Degla
Khaled Walid has made a move to Wadi Degla after the goalkeeper was deemed to be surplus to requirements at Cairo giants Al Ahly.
The young keeper, who has been part of the Al Ahly youth setup, signed a contract with Wadi Degla earlier this week. It is the second transfer announced this week by the Cairo based side, who earlier announced the shock signing of former Chelsea and French international Florent Malouda.
Walid was deemed surplus to requirements by Al Ahly, who already have five keepers registered in their current squad for this season. Walid was also in talks with Alexandrian-based side Smouha before the deal with Wadi Degla was finalised, with the plug being pulled on the prospective deal after negotiations stalled.
Walid will be looking to gain as many first team minutes as possible at Wadi Degla. The keeper is expected to be second choice to former Al Ahly and Egypt national team keeper Essam El-Hadary, who is still plying his trade for the Cairo-based side at the ripe old age of 43.