Egypt have claimed a 31-26 victory over Argentina in the Handball World...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
Khaled Walid makes move to Wadi Degla
Khaled Walid has made a move to Wadi Degla after the goalkeeper was deemed to be surplus to requirements at Cairo giants Al Ahly.
The young keeper, who has been part of the Al Ahly youth setup, signed a contract with Wadi Degla earlier this week. It is the second transfer announced this week by the Cairo based side, who earlier announced the shock signing of former Chelsea and French international Florent Malouda.
Walid was deemed surplus to requirements by Al Ahly, who already have five keepers registered in their current squad for this season. Walid was also in talks with Alexandrian-based side Smouha before the deal with Wadi Degla was finalised, with the plug being pulled on the prospective deal after negotiations stalled.
Walid will be looking to gain as many first team minutes as possible at Wadi Degla. The keeper is expected to be second choice to former Al Ahly and Egypt national team keeper Essam El-Hadary, who is still plying his trade for the Cairo-based side at the ripe old age of 43.