Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Khaled Walid makes move to Wadi Degla
Khaled Walid has made a move to Wadi Degla after the goalkeeper was deemed to be surplus to requirements at Cairo giants Al Ahly.
The young keeper, who has been part of the Al Ahly youth setup, signed a contract with Wadi Degla earlier this week. It is the second transfer announced this week by the Cairo based side, who earlier announced the shock signing of former Chelsea and French international Florent Malouda.
Walid was deemed surplus to requirements by Al Ahly, who already have five keepers registered in their current squad for this season. Walid was also in talks with Alexandrian-based side Smouha before the deal with Wadi Degla was finalised, with the plug being pulled on the prospective deal after negotiations stalled.
Walid will be looking to gain as many first team minutes as possible at Wadi Degla. The keeper is expected to be second choice to former Al Ahly and Egypt national team keeper Essam El-Hadary, who is still plying his trade for the Cairo-based side at the ripe old age of 43.