Mohamed Elneny came off the bench for Arsenal, while Omar Gaber was...
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
Zamalek announced 22-man squad for Ismaily clash
Zamalek have today announced their 22 man squad for the upcoming crunch tie against Ismaily. The tie was postponed earlier this season and was due to be played in round six of the Egyptian League.
Zamalek have announced their squad for the upcoming tie against Ismaily. The White Knights are currently occupying 2nd place in the Egyptian Premier League, trailing rivals Al Ahly by a solitary point. Ismaily on the other hand are languishing further down the ladder in 12th spot after a dull start to the season.
The Zamalek squad is as follows;
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mohammed Gennesh, Omar Salah
Defenders: Ali Gaber, Ahmed Dweidar, Mohamed Koffi, Hazem Emam, Mohamed Adel Gamaa
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfiq, Ibrahim Abdel Khaliq, Ramzi Khaled, Moruf Youssef, Ahmed Hammoudi, Ayman Hefny, Shikabala, Mostafa Fathi, Kahraba
Strikers: Bassem Morsi, Emmanuel Mayuka, Mohamed Salem
The initial announcement of the squad included Tarek Hamed in midfield for Zamalek, however the midfielder is currently unavailable due to injury.
The match will ultimately be a crucial tie for both sides, with Mido looking to win against his former side and close the gap at the top of the ladder. Ismaily are also looking to gain some momentum in their so far dismal campaign as they currently trail White Knights by 13 points.