Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Evouna, Gomaa excluded from Al Ahly squad for ENPPI clash
Al Ahly interim manager Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy has announced the 18-man squad list to face ENPPI in a game postponed from the fifth round of the Egyptian Premier League.
Al Ahly’s match against ENPPI will be Zizo’s third game at the helm of the Red Castle, after he led the team to win their previous two games and go top of the league table.
The squad list witnessed the absence of defenders Bassem Ali and Mohamed Naguib due to technical reasons.
Gabonese striker Malick Evouna continued to miss, as he hasn’t recovered from an injury he sustained during training. Midfielder Saleh Gomaa was also excluded after picking up an injury during Al Ahly’s draw with Dakhleya in the 14th round of the league.
Both players missed Al Ahly two previous matches against Ismaily and Ittihad of Alexandria.
Striker Ahmed El-Sheikh was also excluded due to injury.
Al Ahly Squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy and Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim.
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Hany, Rami Rabia, Ahmed Hegazy, Saad Samir, Sabry Raheel and Hussein El-Sayed.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Mo’men Zakaria, Hossam Ashour, Abdallah El-Said, Ramadan Sobhy and Ahmed Hamdy.
Forwards: Amr Gamal, Emad Meteb and John Antwi.
Al Ahly currently top the league table with 32 points, one point clear of archrivals Zamalek. The petroleum club sit in the ninth position with 21 points.
The Red Devils will play their postponed game against ENPPI on Wednesday at 20:00 CLT, before facing Zamalek on 9 February in the 17th round of the league.