Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Evouna, Gomaa excluded from Al Ahly squad for ENPPI clash
Al Ahly interim manager Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy has announced the 18-man squad list to face ENPPI in a game postponed from the fifth round of the Egyptian Premier League.
Al Ahly’s match against ENPPI will be Zizo’s third game at the helm of the Red Castle, after he led the team to win their previous two games and go top of the league table.
The squad list witnessed the absence of defenders Bassem Ali and Mohamed Naguib due to technical reasons.
Gabonese striker Malick Evouna continued to miss, as he hasn’t recovered from an injury he sustained during training. Midfielder Saleh Gomaa was also excluded after picking up an injury during Al Ahly’s draw with Dakhleya in the 14th round of the league.
Both players missed Al Ahly two previous matches against Ismaily and Ittihad of Alexandria.
Striker Ahmed El-Sheikh was also excluded due to injury.
Al Ahly Squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy and Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim.
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Hany, Rami Rabia, Ahmed Hegazy, Saad Samir, Sabry Raheel and Hussein El-Sayed.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Mo’men Zakaria, Hossam Ashour, Abdallah El-Said, Ramadan Sobhy and Ahmed Hamdy.
Forwards: Amr Gamal, Emad Meteb and John Antwi.
Al Ahly currently top the league table with 32 points, one point clear of archrivals Zamalek. The petroleum club sit in the ninth position with 21 points.
The Red Devils will play their postponed game against ENPPI on Wednesday at 20:00 CLT, before facing Zamalek on 9 February in the 17th round of the league.