Ramadan Sobhi’s rare start for Stoke was one to forget as his...
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
Evouna, Gomaa excluded from Al Ahly squad for ENPPI clash
Al Ahly interim manager Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy has announced the 18-man squad list to face ENPPI in a game postponed from the fifth round of the Egyptian Premier League.
Al Ahly’s match against ENPPI will be Zizo’s third game at the helm of the Red Castle, after he led the team to win their previous two games and go top of the league table.
The squad list witnessed the absence of defenders Bassem Ali and Mohamed Naguib due to technical reasons.
Gabonese striker Malick Evouna continued to miss, as he hasn’t recovered from an injury he sustained during training. Midfielder Saleh Gomaa was also excluded after picking up an injury during Al Ahly’s draw with Dakhleya in the 14th round of the league.
Both players missed Al Ahly two previous matches against Ismaily and Ittihad of Alexandria.
Striker Ahmed El-Sheikh was also excluded due to injury.
Al Ahly Squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy and Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim.
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Mohamed Hany, Rami Rabia, Ahmed Hegazy, Saad Samir, Sabry Raheel and Hussein El-Sayed.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Mo’men Zakaria, Hossam Ashour, Abdallah El-Said, Ramadan Sobhy and Ahmed Hamdy.
Forwards: Amr Gamal, Emad Meteb and John Antwi.
Al Ahly currently top the league table with 32 points, one point clear of archrivals Zamalek. The petroleum club sit in the ninth position with 21 points.
The Red Devils will play their postponed game against ENPPI on Wednesday at 20:00 CLT, before facing Zamalek on 9 February in the 17th round of the league.