Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Salah praises new teammates, apologises to Nainggolan
AS Roma winger Mohamed Salah has expressed his delight after scoring a goal against Sassoulo on Tuesday in the 23rd round of Serie A.
Salah gave his team the lead in the 11th minute with a left-footed strike from the edge of the area, to secure a 2-0 win for the Giallorossi.
The Egyptian international has expressed his satisfaction with the Giallorossi’s performance after collecting their second win in a row.
“The most important thing was to win. I think we played an excellent match and I am really happy with the three points,” Salah told AS Roma official website.
The 23-year-old winger hadn’t found the net since October 25; he got back to the scoresheet on Tuesday after a nine-match goal drought.
“I’m delighted because my goal helped the team to win and that’s the most important thing for me, regardless of my individual goal,” he explained.
Salah, who was sidelined for a month after picking up an injury in November, said that it took him a while before he could find back his rhythm, but said that he ‘feels better’ now.
“It was the first time I’d had that kind of injury. It’s taken me a bit of time to get back to my level. Now I feel better,” he said.
Salah also apologised for not passing to his teammate Radja Nainggolan, who was unmarked, and deciding to shoot instead in one of the attacks against Sassoulu.
“I’ll take this chance to apologise to Radja Nainggolan, because I should have passed him the ball when he was free in the box during a chance in the second half but I decided to shoot instead,” he said.
The Egyptian winger, who received praise from his manager Luciano Spalletti, stated that he was comfortable playing as a striker against Sassoulo.
“I was in a slightly different position today and I felt good there. You never stop learning in football,” Salah added.
He also expressed his joy playing next to Roma’s new signings Diego Perotti and Stephan El Shaarawy, who scored Roma’s second goal on Tuesday.
“They’re both great players and they played well tonight. El Shaarawy had a good game against Frosinone too and got his second goal on the bounce tonight. His goal at the Olimpico was a lovely strike. I hope things can continue to improve for the whole team,” he stated.
Salah scored six Serie A goals this season, two of which where scored against Sassoulo.