Zamalek left-back Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh has officially signed a five-year contract extension with...
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
VIDEO: Salah, El Shaarawy lead Roma to 2-0 win over Sassuolo
Mohamed Salah and Stephan El Shaarawy scored as AS Roma defeated Sassuolo 2-0 away in gameweek 23 of the 2015/16 Serie A season.
The 23-year-old Egyptian midfielder recorded his sixth goal with Roma in the league this season, while El Shaarawy scored his second goal for the Giallorossi.
In the 11th minute, Salah capitalised on his team’s pressure by curling a shot from outside the box following an assist from Miralem Pjanic to give Roma the lead.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) February 2, 2016
Around the half-hour mark, Maicon Douglas was close to double Roma’s lead after a one-two play with Salah, but the Brazilian right-back missed the target as his shot went wide.
In the 33rd minute, Stephan El Shaarawy, who opened his scoring account with Roma in his debut against Frosinone, missed a chance to score, after the attacker – of Egyptian descent – failed to tap in Salah’s pass.
Ten minutes into the second half, Salah sent a shot that hit the target, but Sassuolo keeper Andrea Consigli saved it.
As time went on, the home team started to control the match and became the dominant side. Domenico Berardi had a chance to equalise in the 69th minute, but Roma keeper Wojciech Szczesny made the save.
Sassulo were awarded a penalty in the 87th minute, after Radja Nainggolan committed a foul against Lorenzo Pellegrini inside the box. Nainggolan was sent off the pitch, after receiving his second yellow card.
Berardi stepped up to the spot, but missed the chance to score a late equaliser as his shot went wide.
In the third minute of added time, El Shaarawy doubled Roma’s lead, as he turned in Diego Perotti assist.
Roma’s next match is against Sampdoria on February 7. The Giallorossi currently sit in the fifth position in the league table with 38 points, 12 points away from league leaders Napoli.