Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
Spalletti praises ‘great kid’ Salah after Sassuolo clash
AS Roma manager Luciano Spalletti has praised Egypt’s international winger Mohamed Salah, after scoring against Sassuolo in the 23rd round of Serie A on Tuesday.
Salah ended his nine-match goal drought, as he gave his team the lead in the 11th minute with a left-footed strike from the edge of the area. Salah’s goal against Sassuolo secured a 2-0 win for the Giallorossi.
Roma’s manager revealed his delight at Salah’s goal and labelled him ‘great’.
“He’s a great kid who needs enthusiasm and he can take that away from results like these. He scored a cracking goal and deserves credit for that,” Spalletti said.
The 56-year-old Italian manager then declared that he asked Salah to cover on the flanks in order to create much danger on the counter.
“A keen eye for what lies behind the defensive line is a trait that all forwards should possess. Tonight I asked him to cover on the flank because their full-backs tend to push up and to give him space on the counter,” he added.
Roma now occupy the fourth position in Serie A table, with 41 points from 23 matches.