Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Elneny included in Arsenal’s Champions League squad
Arsenal have announced their squad for the UEFA Champions League, with Mohamed Elneny included in place of Mathieu Debuchy.
Mohamed Elneny, who made his Arsenal debut against Burnley in the FA Cup, has made the Champions League squad, as the Gunners will face Barcelona in the round of 16.
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger added the Egyptian to the squad in place of Mathieu Debuchy who was loaned to French side Bordeaux in the January transfer window.
Arsenal’s Champions League Squad in full:
Goalkeepers: Petr Cech, David Ospina, Matt Macey
Defenders: Kieran Gibbs, Per Mertesacker, Gabriel, Laurent Koscielny, Nacho Monreal, Calum Chambers, Hector Bellerin
Midfielders: Tomas Rosicky, Jack Wilshere, Mikel Arteta, Mesut Ozil, Aaron Ramsey, Santi Cazorla, Mathieu Flamini, Francis Coquelin, Jeff Reine-Adelaide, Mohamed Elneny
Forwards: Joel Campbell, Olivier Giroud, Alexis Sanchez, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Danny Welbeck, Theo Walcott, Alex Iwobi
The Gunners qualified for the knockout stages and will face five-time winners Barcelona after finishing 2nd in the group that joined Bayern Munich, Olympiacos and Dinamo Zagreb.
Arsenal are set to play their first leg at home on February 23, while the second leg game is set to be played on March 16.