Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
EXCLUSIVE: Emerton and Bresciano: Egypt have some great talent
Former Australian internationals Brett Emerton and Mark Bresciano spoke briefly to KingFut‘s Omar Niyazi earlier today, following a Nike event in Melbourne, Australia.
The duo, who had over 175 Australian national team caps between them had some good words about Egyptian football when asked, with former Blackburn Rovers player Emerton having taken part in a 3-0 loss against the Pharaohs in 2010.
Omar Niyazi to Brett Emerton: You’ve managed to build a great career in Europe, do you remember coming up against any Egyptians in your time abroad?
Brett Emerton: I can’t remember a whole lot of them, but I remember I was playing in the Eredivisie when Mido was coming through at Ajax. He was a great player. I also remember Zaki at Wigan during my time with Blackburn in the Premier League. Egypt do have some great talent though.
ON: You were also part of the squad that played Egypt in an international friendly in Cairo in 2010. How was that experience and do you remember much of the match?
BE: Yeah, it was a good experience. It wasn’t a particularly good match for myself, I came off injured and we ended up with a loss. Egypt were great on the day, very fast and very skillful.
Omar Niyazi to Mark Bresciano: Mark, you had a great career in Italy. How did you find Serie A?
Mark Bresciano: It was a great period in my career. A very technical league, I gained a lot of experience from playing in Italy.
MB: Mohamed Salah? He’s awesome isn’t he. A very fast player, he’s playing very well at the moment. Didn’t Arsenal also sign an Egyptian recently?
ON: Yes, Mohamed Elneny.
MB: That’s the one. Hopefully he does well. He’ll have a lot of pressure on him to perform now, especially at such a big club.