Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
VIDEO: Karim Hafez assists in Omonia’s cup victory
Karim Hafez’s AC Omonia attained a 4-0 home victory over Pafos FC in the first leg of their Cypriot Cup quarter-final on Wednesday.
Omonia needed 26 minutes to open the scoring, following an amazing effort from Nuno Assis. The veteran midfielder beat three defenders, before passing to Andre Schembri, who smashed it into the bottom corner and gave his team the lead.
It took Omonia only four minutes to double their lead, after Pafos defenders failed to clear a long pass. The ball found its way to Ziguy Badibanga, who went one-on-one with the goalkeeper, before tapping it into the net.
In the 63rd minute, Badibanga was in action again as his scored his team’s third goal. The Belgian winger met a low cross from the right side and diverted it with his left foot into the net.
Eleven minutes to full time, Demetris Christofi collected Hafez’s cross on the right side. The Cypriot winger cut inside, before firing into the net with his left foot.
Pafos failed to score a consolation goal as the game ended 4-0.
The win gives Omonia a big advantage ahead of the second leg on 17 February as the Nicosia club inches closer to the semi-final.