Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
VIDEO: Karim Hafez assists in Omonia’s cup victory
Karim Hafez’s AC Omonia attained a 4-0 home victory over Pafos FC in the first leg of their Cypriot Cup quarter-final on Wednesday.
Omonia needed 26 minutes to open the scoring, following an amazing effort from Nuno Assis. The veteran midfielder beat three defenders, before passing to Andre Schembri, who smashed it into the bottom corner and gave his team the lead.
It took Omonia only four minutes to double their lead, after Pafos defenders failed to clear a long pass. The ball found its way to Ziguy Badibanga, who went one-on-one with the goalkeeper, before tapping it into the net.
In the 63rd minute, Badibanga was in action again as his scored his team’s third goal. The Belgian winger met a low cross from the right side and diverted it with his left foot into the net.
Eleven minutes to full time, Demetris Christofi collected Hafez’s cross on the right side. The Cypriot winger cut inside, before firing into the net with his left foot.
Pafos failed to score a consolation goal as the game ended 4-0.
The win gives Omonia a big advantage ahead of the second leg on 17 February as the Nicosia club inches closer to the semi-final.