Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
Mido: I won’t resign, focus on derby now
Mido, who had received a one-game suspension by the EFA, conceded his first loss as Zamalek coach on Wednesday against his former team Ismaily, with a goal coming from Zamalek loanee Islam Gamal.
“I will not resign, and I asked the players to forget this loss against Ismaily and start preparing right away for the game against Al Ahly,” Mido said after the match.
“[Mohamed] Koffi’s red card has affected my team’s performance in the remaining minutes against Ismaily. We now have to be fully focused in the coming days to achieve the victory against Al Ahly,” he concluded.
Zamalek are now in the second place in Egyptian Premier League with 31 points ahead of facing their arch-rivals Al Ahly in Cairo derby, who took advantage of Zamalek’s slip to beat and Enppi and went four points clear on top of the league.